Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
What till you ride it and find the power to be boring. Ski doo never has any recalls but... Anyways start coming up with a power adder plan so your sled is not boring cause the 1200 is boring.

umm with a nytro and a crossfire 700 thats a strange comment!!

my 1200 doo can beat either of those machines!

also guys with the 1200's i put on a BRBP header and can.. not to loud and made alot of difference...

when i was just a little faster than buddy's nytro.. now i am much faster.. almost the same speed as my buddies 06 apex... still not sure... we seem about the same top speed... no other mods.. just header and pipe... took about 1 hour to install.. fit and finish was perfect!

cheers
Warts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I run a GSX 1200 and my husband runs a IQ 600, gas mileage on the 1200 is twice as good as the 600. First fill up this year 1200 - 14 bucks, polaris - 35 bucks. No way an Indy 500 gets that kind of mileage.
And what is with these people that say 1200,s have no power, this thing pulls a wheelie on command.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What's the gas mileage on the 1200 doo compared to the 600 etec?
well first ride out put on 75 miles I got 12.5 mpg with my 1200 my dad got 15.5 with his etec 600 second ride out I got 15 with the 1200 my dad again got 15.5 his etec is a 11' with 3500 miles on it my 1200 is a 12' with 375 miles on it should only get better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My wife's GSX SE 1200 got 16.5 mpg in it's first 106 miles. No snow now to ride anymore, but it should slowly get better as it breaks in. We ride pretty hard, too. I can't wait to get rid of my boring Crossfire so I can be on a 1200. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
What till you ride it and find the power to be boring. Ski doo never has any recalls but... Anyways start coming up with a power adder plan so your sled is not boring cause the 1200 is boring.
You have obviously never ridden one. I am sure you Yammy is more exciting, considering it doesn't steer and weighs a ton. That must be exciting in the turns.

·
Registered
860 Posts
JD your a hoot !! I bought a 2004 F6 eight years ago and you popped up out of the middle of nowhere on the cat forum and started bashing my post when I said it was working good.. I was thinking man this guy has issues... Anyway that and the crossfire after it were both high milers with zero issues....along with my current sleds. So anyway i'm in here looking for some skidoo 4 stroke advice for a potential kids sled... and what do I see ....8 years later you are stiil bashing them.. you may need some help man!:blink:

Are you a closet Cat lover?? Do you have Cat nightmares at night??? Maybe you should just sell it and go back to Cat.. Cause you always seem to be writing about them....:laff:

Anyway ... still looking for some experiences with 600 ace renegade if anyone has some... Thinking it may be a good 4th sled for the kids. Those liitle four strokes should have some longevity...

Cheers

I picked up my 2012 X pkg 1200 two weeks ago and I can't think of anything to do with it.:mad: The fit and finish is perfect. There are no rivet nails in the airbox, the reverse works perfect, the hood and side panels fit perfect, there are no exposed staples, no holes in the dash that need covering, no hoses not connected. My sled came from the factory with a factory installed iceripper that includes tunnel protectors so I don't have to wait for backordered protectors. I don't have to take my sled back to the dealer because there aren't any recalls. :wtf: I knew I should have bought a Cat! Then I could be spending my extra time working on my brand new sled fixing all the mistakes from the factory and crying like a bunch of babbies on the Cat forums.:crysmilie:Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait for the snow to fly and the trails to open. For now all I can doo is look at my perfect sled sitting in tha garage while others are working on theirs so they are ready for when the snow comes.:tv:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I am thinking of getting a GT 600 ace for my other half as well.Have heard they get great mileage and are a good sled. That jd guy does seem to go on about cats a lot. I guarantee I could blow any of those 1200 4 strokes away with my 800 crossfire. Plus I can go play in the powder all day long also.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I am thinking of getting a GT 600 ace for my other half as well.Have heard they get great mileage and are a good sled. That jd guy does seem to go on about cats a lot. I guarantee I could blow any of those 1200 4 strokes away with my 800 crossfire. Plus I can go play in the powder all day long also.
not sure you could blow them away...

with a pipe and can... i beat my buddies APEX! pretty sure your 800 isnt killing Apex's !

cheers
Warts

·
Registered
229 Posts
i spring ordered a renegade 1200 2013 with r-motion and it only has a 130 hp. The 2014 is coming equipped with a supercharger, says my dealer

M

·
0 Posts
on paper 130hp.

on the snow....you will be surprised
no surprise here. I rode one and seems like a nice sled but squeezed the flipper and nothing happened...maybe with a turbo or supercharger they'll have a winner but until then I just can't see riding one on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
no surprise here. I rode one and seems like a nice sled but squeezed the flipper and nothing happened...maybe with a turbo or supercharger they'll have a winner but until then I just can't see riding one on a regular basis.
guess i have a good one cause when the flipper is hit, its gone and has no problem whole shooting a lot of higher hp sleds and beating some.

M

·
0 Posts
guess i have a good one cause when the flipper is hit, its gone and has no problem whole shooting a lot of higher hp sleds and beating some.
wasn't bashing your sled I actually really liked the ride I guess I'm just expecting everything to have the arm pulling torque I get from my turbo. hopefully they boost them up so there will be more choices for the turbo market right now there isnt much choices.

·
Registered
229 Posts
how was the r-motion? I have never been on a sled with it yet. MY one i just sold was a 05 mxzx so im hoping this new 1200 renegade will be much more comfortable and better on gas and oil.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually the 1200 is quite impressive for a 130 hp sled. My wife's bone stock GSX 1200 consistently beats my clutched CF 700 by 3-4 sleds in appx 700 ft. She was beating our friend's '10 Z1 turbo (stock) by 6-7 sleds in this same distance, until I helped him with his set-up. Now he's a couple sleds ahead. 2012 Apex XTX was also only a couple sleds ahead in this distance. The APEX seems to hook really hard out of the hole, and just stays a couple sleds in front the whole way, but her little 1200 hangs right there. None of these sleds are studded, btw, and the racing was done on frozen ground with about 1" snow cover. Must be she got a good one too. Can't wait to throw a header, studs, and RB3 on it. Game over in a short race in under 1000 ft. The Doo will easily out handle any of these sleds on the trail too. I've ridden them back to back, and would take the Doo any day, even if it is slightly slower in a straight line. I was a die hard Cat guy, until I got a taste of Doo's 1200. Wish Doo would offer a factory turbo version, or a 150-160hp 1200HO that would run on 87 octane.

·
Mr. Part Time-On Line
35,159 Posts
Actually the 1200 is quite impressive for a 130 hp sled. My wife's bone stock GSX 1200 consistently beats my clutched CF 700 by 3-4 sleds in appx 700 ft. She was beating our friend's '10 Z1 turbo (stock) by 6-7 sleds in this same distance, until I helped him with his set-up. Now he's a couple sleds ahead. 2012 Apex XTX was also only a couple sleds ahead in this distance. The APEX seems to hook really hard out of the hole, and just stays a couple sleds in front the whole way, but her little 1200 hangs right there. None of these sleds are studded, btw, and the racing was done on frozen ground with about 1" snow cover. Must be she got a good one too. Can't wait to throw a header, studs, and RB3 on it. Game over in a short race in under 1000 ft. The Doo will easily out handle any of these sleds on the trail too. I've ridden them back to back, and would take the Doo any day, even if it is slightly slower in a straight line. I was a die hard Cat guy, until I got a taste of Doo's 1200. Wish Doo would offer a factory turbo version, or a 150-160hp 1200HO that would run on 87 octane.
Join the club........:bc:

41 - 60 of 62 Posts