Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2012 X pkg 1200 two weeks ago and I can't think of anything to do with it.:mad: The fit and finish is perfect. There are no rivet nails in the airbox, the reverse works perfect, the hood and side panels fit perfect, there are no exposed staples, no holes in the dash that need covering, no hoses not connected. My sled came from the factory with a factory installed iceripper that includes tunnel protectors so I don't have to wait for backordered protectors. I don't have to take my sled back to the dealer because there aren't any recalls. :wtf: I knew I should have bought a Cat! Then I could be spending my extra time working on my brand new sled fixing all the mistakes from the factory and crying like a bunch of babbies on the Cat forums.:crysmilie:Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait for the snow to fly and the trails to open. For now all I can doo is look at my perfect sled sitting in tha garage while others are working on theirs so they are ready for when the snow comes.:tv:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
What till you ride it and find the power to be boring. Ski doo never has any recalls but... Anyways start coming up with a power adder plan so your sled is not boring cause the 1200 is boring.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What till you ride it and find the power to be boring. Ski doo never has any recalls but... Anyways start coming up with a power adder plan so your sled is not boring cause the 1200 is boring.
I know all about the power of the 1200. I have three of them in my garage along with a 08 FX Nytro. This latest 1200 is replacing my 06 Apex. As you can see I really like the 1200 Doo, the Yamahas ...not so much. My next sled will be booting the Nytro out of the garage. My 1200's will outrun the Nytro all day long. The Nytro isn't boring at all, when you ride that thing you never know where you might end up!:lol3:

R

·
0 Posts
I picked up my 2012 X pkg 1200 two weeks ago and I can't think of anything to do with it.:mad: The fit and finish is perfect. There are no rivet nails in the airbox, the reverse works perfect, the hood and side panels fit perfect, there are no exposed staples, no holes in the dash that need covering, no hoses not connected. My sled came from the factory with a factory installed iceripper that includes tunnel protectors so I don't have to wait for backordered protectors. I don't have to take my sled back to the dealer because there aren't any recalls. :wtf: I knew I should have bought a Cat! Then I could be spending my extra time working on my brand new sled fixing all the mistakes from the factory and crying like a bunch of babbies on the Cat forums.:crysmilie:Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait for the snow to fly and the trails to open. For now all I can doo is look at my perfect sled sitting in tha garage while others are working on theirs so they are ready for when the snow comes.:tv:

The sick part is they're really not bitching about anything EXCEPT them not being here. They all accept the fact they have to fix a bunch of shit on them right off the assembly line. I just can't get my head around the shit wrong with these things from the get-go, and they just accept it as normal. It's insane. No, actually it's like a cult. Whatever, it's their money. From one rider to another, I hope they all do well and everything turns out ok. These sleds cost a lot and nobody really deserves any headache from them.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sick part is they're really not bitching about anything EXCEPT them not being here. They all accept the fact they have to fix a bunch of shit on them right off the assembly line. I just can't get my head around the shit wrong with these things from the get-go, and they just accept it as normal. It's insane. No, actually it's like a cult. Whatever, it's their money. From one rider to another, I hope they all do well and everything turns out ok. These sleds cost a lot and nobody really deserves any headache from them.
I bought nothing but Cats from 1991-2003 and I know all about owning them. I remember getting my new Cat home and taking it apart just so I could make sure the dumb dumbs over in TRF put it together right. I would have to reroute wires and tape them from harms way. I still have several feet of hose protective materials in my garage that I used to put on hoses that were touching the frame or engine. I remember adjusting my hoods and side panels so they would close properly and in some cases they couldn't be adjusted. I had to have a couples seat covers adjusted because they weren't installed properly and then there were the cheap ass decals that looked like some drunk put on. I used to get the Cats pride shirts and pins back in those days and I think the pride was for the fact that I fixed all the crap on those sleds before the season started. Now keeping those sleds running for a whole season was definately something to be proud of.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
1,006 Posts
Todd, the Nytro is slower then the 1200 Gade... I'm not sure where you are coming from, but I owned both and my Nytro had every power adder on it, minus turbo... Believe what you want... After owning the last 2 Yamahas and now 2 1200's, the 1200 is the best sled I have had in 10 years... Why do you thing the Late Turk hated them so much... Why cause he couyld not beat them with his Nytro or his 11 Apex....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Still waiting for the wife's GSX SE 1200. It's our 1st Doo in a long line of Cats. All it took was a demo ride in Old Forge, NY this year. I really hope Doo keeps building the 1200, because I'll probably want next year. Would be nice if they added a turbo. Then there wouldn't be any reason for me to look at the new Cats. The fit'n finish is definitely nicer on the Doos.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
As a long time cat owner I was surprised that I had to put on tunnel protectors on my wifes new 2007 ski doo 500ss.And now the new doos have tunnel protectors and cats don't.Whats up with that....

·
Registered
606 Posts
Still waiting for the wife's GSX SE 1200. It's our 1st Doo in a long line of Cats. All it took was a demo ride in Old Forge, NY this year. I really hope Doo keeps building the 1200, because I'll probably want next year. Would be nice if they added a turbo. Then there wouldn't be any reason for me to look at the new Cats. The fit'n finish is definitely nicer on the Doos.
X2. Thats where I made my decision to go 4 stroke also. Came back from there and traded a 800xpRenegadeX, then was able to get 300 mi on it by the end of March and was blown away by the performance and ride of this sled. Gave up nothing! Just as fast as my 800 and short track XR rides better than my Renegade xpX.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was thinking about buying a 2013 F1100 turbo next season, but have now decided that due to all the issues and bulletins they are having, that's it not gonna happen. Looks like a GSX 1200 for me next year.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well at least the Cats have speedometers that actually give you an ACCURATE read on your speed. Ski Doo speedometers are as accurate as the local forecast! I will say that if I ever leave Cat, I will go to Ski Doo. they build nice sleds....for Canadians.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i picked up my 2012 x pkg 1200 two weeks ago and i can't think of anything to do with it.:mad: The fit and finish is perfect. There are no rivet nails in the airbox, the reverse works perfect, the hood and side panels fit perfect, there are no exposed staples, no holes in the dash that need covering, no hoses not connected. My sled came from the factory with a factory installed iceripper that includes tunnel protectors so i don't have to wait for backordered protectors. I don't have to take my sled back to the dealer because there aren't any recalls. :wtf: I knew i should have bought a cat! Then i could be spending my extra time working on my brand new sled fixing all the mistakes from the factory and crying like a bunch of babbies on the cat forums.:crysmilie:eek:h well i guess i'll just have to wait for the snow to fly and the trails to open. For now all i can doo is look at my perfect sled sitting in tha garage while others are working on theirs so they are ready for when the snow comes.:tv:
now i don't care who u r dat's funny wright there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can u say common sense!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Commo... Coo moon ... Sepsis sensesss. Commons cents ...

Damn I guess I can't!

lol

Likely go for a poo some day!

Specially when they turbo them!

:)

·
Registered
642 Posts
been riding Doo for almost 30-years. I'm currently riding an 07 gade hp ptek. I'm a tad tired of rebuilds, oil, ect.

I'm considering a Doo 1200. How do the two compare in the power department? I usually installed aftermarket clutch kits, does the 1200 benefit from one? I hear they are very strong on acceleration. How is the gas mileage? Top speed? Cornering?

Thanks for the information.

·
Super Advanced Member
12,865 Posts
been riding Doo for almost 30-years. I'm currently riding an 07 gade hp ptek. I'm a tad tired of rebuilds, oil, ect.

I'm considering a Doo 1200. How do the two compare in the power department? I usually installed aftermarket clutch kits, does the 1200 benefit from one? I hear they are very strong on acceleration. How is the gas mileage? Top speed? Cornering?

The only real difference is on the top end compared to the 800s really....it only feels slightly heavier imo then an xp as well.......

·
Registered
81 Posts

Power is the same or better on the bottom end, but not as great on the top end.

Billy Howard and Bill Cudney claim good results with their clutch kits, especially Cudney's PB 80 clutch swap.

Lot's of low end torque for good acceleration.

I average 16 MPG. trail riding.

I have read Renegades topping out at around 110 MPH.:dunno:

Trail handling is awesome...I assume you ride alot off trail, if so you will notice the extra weight of the three clinder. Wider skis will help.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Power is the same or better on the bottom end, but not as great on the top end.

Billy Howard and Bill Cudney claim good results with their clutch kits, especially Cudney's PB 80 clutch swap.

Lot's of low end torque for good acceleration.

I average 16 MPG. trail riding.

I have read Renegades topping out at around 110 MPH.:dunno:

Trail handling is awesome...I assume you ride alot off trail, if so you will notice the extra weight of the three clinder. Wider skis will help.
I got 14.8 with my 05 polaris xc sp 500. I think 16 is nothing to brag about... :polaris_rules:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts