Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder to the rest of you guys that the races are in Owen Sound this weekend. Damn near no snow the weekend of the races as usual anymore but the website says there still on, probably trucking it in from Geraldton!!! LOL. Any other HCS'ers heading to watch???

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
263 Posts
For sure If they are still a go, then I will be there early sunday morning
I went to saturdays last year and didnt really get into all the kiddie races so I will go Sunday and watch the big boys FLY... freaking awesome stuff I tell you what

·
Registered
8 Posts
For sure If they are still a go, then I will be there early sunday morning
I went to saturdays last year and didnt really get into all the kiddie races so I will go Sunday and watch the big boys FLY... freaking awesome stuff I tell you what[/b]
The show is always awsome (Im a mechanic for a small team)
I just hope that they can find the snow to make the track
My early thoughts
Lee Butler will win pro stock and pro open
David Joanis will win Semi pro stock and semi pro open
Lee and David both got lots of talent
Go Polaris Go

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was in OwenSound on Saturday visiting the in-laws, because there is no snow, and they were trucking in snow from whereever they could get it. It was pretty dirty snow but it was snow. Hopefully they get enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I might be up there to watch.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Let me know whos going tomorrow and maybe we can hook up for a bit and say Hey. Its always nioce to put a face to a Poster haha

Cheers

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am here in Owen Sound racing .X with Team Kodiak and shooting video for Snowmobiler Television.

There was fresh snow falling so everything is a nice shade of white!

I got my butt kicked (again) on the track, but I had a lot of fun. I had a sled land on my leg today coming off a jump, and that was an unexpected first.

Sunday is the day for finals and the "big show". If you like sleds and the performance aspect of this sport, drop on by.

As for the new Cats, yes, there are teams here that are racing that new chassis.

Phil
CSRA bib # 340.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I am here in Owen Sound racing .X with Team Kodiak and shooting video for Snowmobiler Television.

There was fresh snow falling so everything is a nice shade of white!

I got my butt kicked (again) on the track, but I had a lot of fun. I had a sled land on my leg today coming off a jump, and that was an unexpected first.

Sunday is the day for finals and the "big show". If you like sleds and the performance aspect of this sport, drop on by.

As for the new Cats, yes, there are teams here that are racing that new chassis.

Phil
CSRA bib # 340.[/b]
Phil

If you get a chance snap a few pictures for us poor guys that could not make it this year. Let us know how much snow they had up there. Good luck in the finals!

·
Registered
57 Posts
CSRA ...just plain suxs now...no one was at the races ...and they dont even have enough racers to put on a show....absalutely brutal

you can only watch those freestyle sleds so many times and the pro class does have anyracers left except a couple that are ok fast ..

I say cancel that circuit and bring in one of them from the states were at least they put an effort into putttin a show on and not a money grab!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I totally disagree to wat that guy said ^. I thought the show was awesome lots of sleds out, the pro class guys where ripping. The trail sport class guys where pretty fast to. You could tell they where all fighting hard to win. Nooone being there ? Yea right bud the stands where packed. Anyways it was a good show, and now im looking for a 440 rev race sled. lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
CSRA ...just plain suxs now...no one was at the races ...and they dont even have enough racers to put on a show....absalutely brutal

you can only watch those freestyle sleds so many times and the pro class does have anyracers left except a couple that are ok fast ..

I say cancel that circuit and bring in one of them from the states were at least they put an effort into putttin a show on and not a money grab!![/b]
bring on the oval track races and the cross crounty circurt so we can see the real men get out there show there stuff without having to have rich dads and big sponcers back you up and let the real sledder get out try his luck without the insurance bs i like to be able to go to labador and do qains quest . soo 500. you need your own money to do that .

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll keep this short, and try not to use hard to spell words like "absalutely". I'll also say that I am not an employee nor a volunteer at the CSRA, I am a racer.

1- The race day is full. I raced two weekends in the CSRA this year, and both ended in the dark because there were so many racers.

2- Someone seems upset that entry level racing may not be possible nor available. Some entry levels like the Trailsport 500 class ran three or more heats today before the final, because there were so many entry level racers. The 500 class is there for folks who can't afford a new (600cc) race sled, but can find a used 440 sled (like the one I race).

3- I am pretty well broke, I have three kids and a mortgage the size of a 1980's lottery prize. Myself and another newbie, well we race for Team Kodiak. The team manager (John Sloot) has brought us both on this year so we can try the sport out.

4- 120 and Freestyle races get the sledding kids and the newbie kids invovled, and it really does make this a family sport. I am very surprised that I see more families racing together then I see riding together on the trails. Guys that ride with me in Masters 40+ also have their kids racing in Freestyle, Novice and Junior classes.

5- With a full day of racing today, I fail to see how that can be viewed as, not being able to put on a show. I myself put on a bit of a show. I had a sled land on me yesterday, got a cut hand from bump 'n grind corner battles, got red flaggd off the start line, got in a heated 1 on 1 battle with my teammate, and in the TrailSport Final today, I entertained the crowd with a sled+rider cartwheel off a double jump. I can barely walk, the EMS guys are now my buddies, my wife at least finds this entertaining....actually she' really [email protected]#$%ed at me.......but she'll calm down...I hope!

If you don't like the product, don't watch. Some people won't watch CASCAR but they love NASCAR.. ..to each his own.....

Cheers,

Phil ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Phil,

I was there and saw your number on an over coat walking by the beer garden :D I dont think it was you though as he seemed a little younger than 44

I did look out for you but never saw a sled with the number 340 on it.

I did see someone get landed on pretty hard ( I thought it was an artic cat rider though)
Hope your feeling ok today.

As for pics, well I got a couple of short videos and one great picture of where they stuck the BBQ guy and his BBQ buwahaaha

I will post it later and link the youtube videos her as well

Great show IMO a little cold after 4 hours though of standing on the bleachers ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm a flat track fan and always will be , but in saying that , I thought they had a great turnout for the races. LOTS of people in the stands and a good racer turnout. The big thing with this type of racing is anyone can get involved. Not like the "old" circuit which was a "major team" event with only limited private type guys racing. Each to their own though and it still promotes our sport in a positive manner.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts