Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn, was out on my boat late yesterday, and missed the meeting. :drunk: I hope it went well, and sorry I missed it. :cn:

·
Registered
828 Posts
ZR,

I spoke with CKF this morning and he told me that the turnout was excellent.
He said the meeting went well and there was some great input and discussion. The club voted to buy an additional new Skidoo Skandik wide track with mogul master 8' x 4' drag with fifth wheel plate mount system.

This will compiment the other Skandik we have as well as the New Tucker Terra HD 1000 that will arrive this week.( Estimated arrival time not etched in stone)

Club voted to have shirts and hats designed and have made for sale.

Debbie from Danforth Resort was there as well. They will be a tremendous asset to the club and the club welcomes them aboard. :div20: There were HCS members as well at the meeting. GTSE 800, Legend 700, CKF, 800 Stocker, and Pathfinder. Talk about dedicated snowmobiler, Pathfinder drove 2 1/2 hrs down from Pittsburg for the meeting and drove right back up at the end of the meeting. :augen41: At the the pice of gas it cost him quite a bit of money to come for just 1 1/2 hour meeting. Thank You Pathfinder. I hope I didn't miss out on any other HCS members. Sorry if I did.

An overview of the trails was presented by the club president Dave Bowles and CKF. An update on Mount Whittier, Effingham and Ossipee, Wonalancet, and Danforth area trail projects were talked about.

CKF will put a review up later as they are out on workparty today. The information that I presented above was passed on to me from CKF at 7:00 am. today. Unfortunately I was unable to attend as I had a previous family commitment. I wish I could have made it. I was able to go to the County Meeting for NHSA on Fri. evening. The OVSC had a strong showing of support with six members attending. :div20:

Freedom Rider

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
It was a very enjoyable meeting, :div20: and I was surprised to see so many HCS people there. :div20: I was glad to make the trip down which is always like a big "tail ride". The trip home, however, was pretty exciting with about 9 close encounters with moose between Milan and Errol. :frech11: one of which was so close it re-adjusted one of my side view mirrors. :augen41:
I came away with the feeling that "Bowles" and the boys have their collective "stuff" together, and by the amount of interest, a lot of other people feel the same way. I thought a very productive meeting. :smiley-faces7: :luxhello:
pathfinder58 :cn:

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
I was half drunk up in the white mountains off the Kanc @ 7:30 last night..Love fall camping. Wanted to make the meeting, but the trip was planned for a while. Glad to hear the turn out was good. THANK YOU to the long distance guys!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Originally posted by pathfinder58@Oct 2 2005, 03:52 PM
It was a very enjoyable meeting, :div20:  and I was surprised to see so many HCS people there. :div20:  I was glad to make the trip down which is always like a big "tail ride". The trip home, however, was pretty exciting with  about 9 close encounters with moose between Milan and Errol. :frech11:  one of which was so close it re-adjusted one of my side view mirrors. :augen41:
I came away with the feeling that "Bowles" and the boys have their collective "stuff" together, and by the amount of interest, a lot of other people feel the same way. I thought a very productive meeting. :smiley-faces7:  :luxhello:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904053
[/quote]

when I came up Friday night a truck towing a camper had hit a moose on 16 just north of Rochester, they were pulling up the flatbed to tow it away, amazing how much damage they can do. good to see you there Sat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The OVSC meeting went well. BTW, Armand didn't get to say good bye or give a hand shake. You were out of there pretty quick after the meeting. Thanks for coming. We really appreciate your interest and input in our club.

Anyway the board members also attended the county clubs meeting the previous night at Sammy's. It was informative and for myself it was nice to get a bigger picture of what is happening in the snowmobile political arena. Alot goes on behind the scenes during the course of the whole year so that we can enjoy cruising along on white trails during the winter.

Also this past weekend we had trail work parties on both days. We had a good turnout and got some important things done.

See you all soon,
Mark

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by pathfinder58@Oct 2 2005, 04:52 PM
It was a very enjoyable meeting, :div20:  and I was surprised to see so many HCS people there. :div20:  I was glad to make the trip down which is always like a big "tail ride". The trip home, however, was pretty exciting with  about 9 close encounters with moose between Milan and Errol. :frech11:  one of which was so close it re-adjusted one of my side view mirrors. :augen41:
I came away with the feeling that "Bowles" and the boys have their collective "stuff" together, and by the amount of interest, a lot of other people feel the same way. I thought a very productive meeting. :smiley-faces7:  :luxhello:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904053
[/quote]
I speant the weekend fishing in Pittsburg , stopped in several stores for bait , food ect, did not see 1 trail fund can on any countertops in any stores! A lot of people that fish , hunt , 4 wheel up there are also snowmobilers , if cans were out i would have tossed mychange in em at every stop , get those trail fund cans out!

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I think Freedomrider covered almost everything from the meeting on Saturday night. The club did vote to put the new Tucker in the Sandwich Fair next weekend as long as it comes in on time. :banana: There will also be a Trail Patrol class on Saturday October 15th if any club members are interested in attending.
I would like to thank everyone for attending. It was the best turnout we have had in some time at a club meeting. :beerchug: Every member should try to attend at least 1 meeting a year. It’s a great time to discuss what you the member would like to see happen in the club. Without your input the Board of Director’s don’t know all of the issues that the club members would like to see addressed.
Now on to work parties. We had 2 great days this weekend. :fluffy:
On Saturday Oldtimer, Legend700, and myself cut (oldtimer) moved brush and stacked the firewood (Legend700,and myself) at the intersection of Corridor 19 and the Westward Shores trail (access to Ossipee Lake from Rail Bed). We took the corner off so it would be easier to make the turn down on to the Westward Shores trail. It took the 3 of us about 2 Hours to complete this task. Whtmtn and his 2 boys were out on the Bolles trail (trail that runs over to the Champney Falls parking lot on the Kank). They were out there to put preserative on the bridges. :beerchug:
On Sunday we had 7 members (HCS members: GTSE800, WHTMTN, 800STOCKER,and myself) showed up to help chip brush in The Hemmingway State Forest. This is a new section that was cut about a month ago to avoid going thru the Boy Scout’s Parking lot. We then went out on The James Pond Loop to get the Firewood that was cut out there last year to widen this trail for the Tucker. The landowner didn’t want the wood to be wasted and had asked that we put the wood next to his barn. Three P/U truck & two trailer loads latter and we called it a day (about 4 Hours). I would like to thank all of the people that showed up at the work parties this weekend. Without you we would never get all the trail prep done before snow flies. :beerchug:

CKF

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by stevefromwestford@Oct 3 2005, 06:10 AM
I speant the weekend fishing in Pittsburg , stopped in several stores for bait , food ect, did not see 1 trail fund can on any countertops in any stores! A lot of people that fish , hunt , 4 wheel up there are also snowmobilers , if cans were out i would have tossed mychange in em  at every stop , get those trail fund cans out!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905030
[/quote]
Thanks for the observation and suggestion about groomer jugs, that is something we don't normally put out this early but maybe we should. :help: Thanks again for bringing it to our attention. Did you get any significant fish? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by pathfinder58@Oct 3 2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the observation and suggestion about groomer jugs, that is something we don't normally put out this early but maybe we should.  :help: Thanks again for bringing it to our attention. Did you get any significant fish? :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905924
[/quote]
yeah , got a real nice rainbow and a small brookie out of the river, dont have to catch any fish to have a good day of fishing up there, love the place

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by stevefromwestford@Oct 3 2005, 04:35 PM
yeah , got a real nice rainbow and a small brookie out of the river, dont have to catch any fish to have a good day of fishing up there, love the place
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905939
[/quote]
Glad you got some fish, watch what you say about your feelings towards Pittsburg, thats how I sounded just before I had to move up here in'96. :dance2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts