Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OT your trails are fun we had a nice day, parked at Canoe king like you said found some good spots. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rode OVSC today as well, and the trails were great!

Anyone have any details on what happened up there around noon time? There were police, rescue, F&G swarming everywhere and rumors of an accident. Hope everyone was okay if that was the case.

Anyone have any info on this? Seemed like they were searching for somebody. Hit and run maybe?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts

Anyone have any details on what happened up there around noon time? There were police, rescue, F&G swarming everywhere and rumors of an accident. Hope everyone was okay if that was the case.

Anyone have any info on this? Seemed like they were searching for somebody. Hit and run maybe?[/b]
We heard that a rider was seriously injured, and the other rider did run. They were looking for a black sled with a coolant leak. (I assume the leak was a result of collision damage) No details on the injured rider.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts

Anyone have any info on this? Seemed like they were searching for somebody. Hit and run maybe?[/b]
Rode the OVSC trails today as well out of Canoe King. There was a hit and run accident along side of the RT 25 area. My boys and I had just left the Smokehouse for lunch and were stopped in the parking lot by the local police because I fit the only description they had of the sled and driver. The information they had on the sled that left was vague. They were looking for a black sled ridden by someone in a red suit. They were with another adult rider and 2 other sleds ridden by 2 kids in their early twenties They were pretty much checking all sleds in the area looking for someone with front end damage. We left the Smokehouse and went back to my truck at Canoe King and was stopped there by 2 state troopers checking all sleds. It sounded like the accident victim had some serious injuries, but I couln't find out much more from the police because the accident had just happened. They didn't have much info to go on either. I was hoping someone on this site would be able to give me more info.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I talked to Fish and Game when they were at Canoe King this afternoon. I was told the injured rider was transported to the hospital with injuries, and that it was not life threatening.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Glad the guy is not going to die, glad you guys enjoyed our trails! The tucker is out there right now, and the trails will be as good as it gets in the AM...I am on the roster for the first shift tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I talked to Fish and Game when they were at Canoe King this afternoon. I was told the injured rider was transported to the hospital with injuries, and that it was not life threatening.[/b]

Glad the guy is not going to die, glad you guys enjoyed our trails! The tucker is out there right now, and the trails will be as good as it gets in the AM...I am on the roster for the first shift tomorrow.[/b]
I'm glad the injured rider will be okay, it's a shame something like that has to happen. Having never ridden the OVSC trails before, I was quite impressed with the job you guys do with your trails. Hats off to you and your members. The signage is excellent, along with variety of terrain. I wasn't up for riding with a group yesterday, so my sons and I decided to explore the trails on our own. Looks like you guys had a great ride judging from the pictures I've seen. We made to to the fire tower, Mt Shaw, corridor 19, some of the outer loops. There are many choices for food and fuel which is nice. A little too crowded for my taste but a great ride anyways, will definately be back. Good to also be able to put a face on some site members. Good to meet you Wigga, Rev 5, Old Thump, also good to see CKF again. Thanks OVSC for a great day !!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sat. was the busiest day on the OVSC/SOS trails in several years....[/b]
I saw you with a goup of about 9 at the mouth of the channel. Glad you guys are finaaly getting a good year of riding in. I was out snowshoeing with my daughter.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
I saw you with a goup of about 9 at the mouth of the channel. Glad you guys are finaaly getting a good year of riding in. I was out snowshoeing with my daughter.[/b]
I saw you too, waved I think? How have you been?

·
Registered
92 Posts
where does everyone ride from? Just located to Berlin/Gorham area, no trailer, but I could meeet anywhere!? Do you guys post when and where your riding?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
always love the ovsc trails........last ride of last year was around wanalancet.........we were thinking of going there this weekend but don't really know of any good places to stay.......we used to stay at the WIND SONG but the last 2 times we were there it seemed like they didn't want snowmobilers there......the parking lot wasn't plowed and they weren't very accomodating...........anyone have any suggestions for sunday night?.........my parents used to stay at the mount whittier but they haven't been there for years........thanks

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
where does everyone ride from? Just located to Berlin/Gorham area, no trailer, but I could meeet anywhere!? Do you guys post when and where your riding?[/b]
Post a new thread when you're looking for a ride partner(s)...you'll find someone. The ovsc trails are 40 miles south of you..

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
always love the ovsc trails........last ride of last year was around wanalancet.........we were thinking of going there this weekend but don't really know of any good places to stay.......we used to stay at the WIND SONG but the last 2 times we were there it seemed like they didn't want snowmobilers there......the parking lot wasn't plowed and they weren't very accomodating...........anyone have any suggestions for sunday night?.........my parents used to stay at the mount whittier but they haven't been there for years........thanks[/b]
Sammy's Paw Print, Tamworth NH, they LOVE snowmobilers, there's plenty of parking, and a trail right out to White Lake State Park & the OVSC trails..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was the second sled to come upon that scene, There were three people there, the accident victim, his friend, and another guy holding tissues to the victims head, that guy asked us if we had anymore tissues, or cloth, which I gave him from my backpack.The accident victim was walking around, but uneasy on his feet, we sat him down on his sled, with his friend. His friend wanted to drive him out, but we all decided to bring him about 400' out to route 25. and call for help. I drove his buddy's sled out there for them. went back to get my sled and talked to the other guy, He told me the victim lost control of his sled coming down the hill at a very sharp corner, his helmet came off because it wasn't strapped on, in the tumble with the sled, his head got cut. thats the story from a first hand witness. I didn't see it. There was no mention of others involved, or any hit and run. anyway I go out to route 25 and this guy and his buddy want to ride themselves out to get help. We told them to wait there at mile 81, and we would get the proper help, without a 911 call which sends everything. I took off to Watsons general store, about a mile and half away, to ask for help, thinking the local people would know who to call. she calls 911 and tells them there was a snowmobile accident on route 25. I said do you know what that sounds like, you need to explain that, in more detail, so they don't think the worst, she hangs up and says you'll hear em coming now. After reading the story on here, and thinking about it, I wear red, and drive a black sled, drove alot faster than the posted 10 mph to get him help, maybe to some people, I looked like i was running from something, and viola, a story was started. I don't know. I had lunch at Samantha's, a female state trooper pulled in and checked every sled there, we all thought, wow, wonder what happened? not once did any of us, even consider relating the trooper to the accident. I hope the guy is alright.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
I was the second sled to come upon that scene, After reading the story on here, and thinking about it, I wear red, and drive a black sled, drove alot faster than the posted 10 mph to get him help, maybe to some people, I looked like i was running from something, and viola, a story was started. I don't know. I had lunch at Samantha's, a female state trooper pulled in and checked every sled there, we all thought, wow, wonder what happened? not once did any of us, even consider relating the trooper to the accident. I hope the guy is alright.[/b]

That's something else.....how a story gets fabricated that is. A lot of to do about nothing.

Hope the guy is alright though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw you too, waved I think? How have you been?[/b]
Yup, you waved, as did nearly everyone in your group. Nice to see. I've been doing well. Still busy with the house and work kids etc and no spare funds for a sled yet but I'm sure there will be one in the future. Looks like you all were having a great time.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
thanks oldtimer. we'll give them a shot. hope the warm up this week doesn't kill the trails.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts