Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out about it myself. It will be from 9-12 AM, sat. If you want to help, be @ the Canoe King in West Ossipee NH @ 8:45 AM.
We are brushing back the "CCC camp" up Wonalancet way. (CCC in this context is the government work program of the 30's.)
Great scenery, great people, worthwhile cause.
Hope to see some HCSers make it. :beerchug:

·
Registered
929 Posts
looking for a baby sitter. if i can find one count me in :beer:

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I know it's short notice but Dave really needs the help so he doesn't have to do it all on his own. Any help would be welcomed. :banana:

CKF

·
Registered
828 Posts
Fellow sledheads,

Please try to attend this work party on Sat. This last minute party is to get this section of trail ready for excavator to go in asap. With all the changes with covered bridge being out and new plan being formulated at present time it is very important to get this project done asap. The club may have to do some trail cutting if the state calls for help.

We will also have to buils a thirty foot bridge so that we can continue the developement of the trail over and up to the top of Mount Whittier. One view from the top and you will know why this project is being undertaken without grant money. It was a last minute chance to secure this awesome location for a trail. I know CKF only found out about bridge today from landowner. The current bridge is pretty rough due to cons. vehivles crossing it to access cell tower at current time.

Please be generous with anytime you can spare and donations will gladly be accepted. Still not to late for raffle that is being drawn sat. for atv, canoe, and much more. PLEASE BUY OR WE WILL HAVE TO SELL CKF'S SLED TO HELP PAY FOR GROOMER.
Thanks,
Freedom Rider

·
Registered
195 Posts
OT, keep up the good work. You are truely a man of the poeple.

I cant make Sat. but will be there to lend a hand in the future.

You've had this idea/goal and it's great to see people who walk the walk, not just talk the talk. I'll follow that lead.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I would love to help you guys out again but unfortunately I have other plans for this weekend.
1) The Rolling Stones concert in Hartford tonight 4th row from the center stage. :banana:
2) Grandson's 3rd birthday party Sunday. :luxhello:
But I will be there next time for sure.

By the way, I got a small work crew together from Danforth Bay Camping resort for 09/04/05 to clear a trail along Shawtown road its the best early season access trail to get to SOS trail system.
The big blizzard last season destroyed the trail and no one ever cleared it.
I got permission from SOS a couple of weeks ago and they said just keep them updated.
If we do not clear it the only way out is across Danforth Bay, not a good Idea that early in the season, :flush: and then you got Shawtown loop which has big rocks & water bars until we get good snow cover. :help:
And last but least we could ride on Shawtown road wich will be like riding on sand paper
and runing your carbides.
I will give an update when completed.
Get your snow dancing shoes out and start polishing 15wks & 6 days to go. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK !

Five of us went in and we cut in a completely new trail, through dog hair thick fir and pine. Again, father Bowles showed us young pups how it was done...our hats are off to him!
We cut in some 400' of new trail on state forest lands, and brushed back several hundred feet of existing trails.
Our thanks go out to Mr. Bob Hardy, state forester for any state lands our club might cross.
I wish to thank Mr. Charlie Tupper, and Jeff H. (green 440) ! People like these guys make the trails better for all.
We took a look at the new OVSC clubhouse, and we have grand plans for it, including his and hers bathrooms, Tucker storage, and a few secret things! Of note, this clubhouse will be on the trail! Stay tuned...

Look for pics in my thread on the general forum "Post trail work pics!"

OT. :fluffy:

·
Registered
929 Posts
looking foward to the next work party. oldtimer,ckf, father bowles,charlie are the kind of people that make a real difference in the trail system. with more help the trails would be awsome. join the club it will help all of us. even if you cant help at a work party.good job guys keep it up!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
155 Posts
i would have went. i was up all weekend but i got no internet access up there yet. :banghead: i can see mount whittier from my yard and was wondering if there was any snowmobile trails up it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Great job guys sorry I could not make it,already had other comittments.I just got back and read all the post.Hopefully I could help next time. :beerchug:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Originally posted by dougzdog@Aug 29 2005, 03:11 AM
i would have went.  i was up all weekend but i got no internet access up there yet.  :banghead:  i can see mount whittier from my yard and was wondering if there was any snowmobile trails up it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851562
[/quote]
There will be one trail up face of Mount Whittier to the right thru the saddle. It will continue around to the backside of the mountain and bring you up to the top.

CKF, Oldtimer, and myself climbed to the top Friday afternoon to layout appr. routes and start to desigh the thirty foot bridge at backside that is needed for the Tucker groomer access. The trail in front will begin at the new clubhouse of OVSC/Coyotes. There will be some areas at top that need heavy brush removal to establish safe viewing areas. We also need to establish some waterbars and drainage areas to control erosion.

The membership applications are available at OVSC or CCC websites. We could really use everybodies support for the upcoming season with this venture. Work will begin on clubhouse, with renovations on existing building leading the way,in the very near future. Anybody with any type of materials that would be usefull for this project can contact CKF, OT, or myself to set up a meeting with you.

Watch this club really take off and blossom. Their will be an area for parking, food concessions, and bathrooms available for people to use on the trip over to the Castle from here.

Freedom Rider

·
Registered
174 Posts
Guys,

As we get closer to the fall it would be cool if you could create some sort of schedule for trail work events. We would like to help out but will need notice to plan the time. Also, when registering, is CCC basically a dead thing and OVSC is the club now? I understand the division of trail management but otherwise this will be the case, correct? We were going to join both anyway so no big deal. I will simply throw the extra money into the one club. Just checking as I plan to push my friends this way as well.

Dave

·
Registered
828 Posts
Dave,

Carroll County Coyotes is not a dead thing but things are a little different than where we started.
The Coyotes is still basically what we started as far as the concept and vision. There were some issues as far as new clubs and the land management of State lands. Ther were some issues that have recently changed that were a major disruption of our original plans. IE: State of NH. Dot not wanting to issue new trail conn. permits and road crossing permits. With us only having a min. amount of trailmilage with little room for change we were alot better merging with existing club and being grandfathered in on these rule changes.
We decided that the 2-3,000.00 in filing fees, incorperation fees, and insurance could be better used on trails rather than administrative costs. Also the main players in the Coyotes were working with OVSC on various trail construction since May. After working together and becoming very cohesive we realized that we had so much in common in regards to trail goals and club goals we have decided to merge.
We were offered a lot of help from Seven Lakes club on ideas and input from their BOD. We had met with them in June. They offered us a considerable amount of help with the use of their Skandic groomers if need be. We due look forward to a great relationship with them in near future.
We figured we would get more bang for the buck and be able to speed up trail development in the Effingham area by at least a year. :beerchug:
Both websites will stay active. The Coyotes will become a district of the OVSC system and still keep it's web page. We figured that hit counter and applictions numbers will help us monitor responses from internet. The application and logo will be changed in the coming days to reflect this.
Freedom Rider

1 - 16 of 16 Posts