Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried the Hi Performance overload spring blocks (stock spring, overload setting) on 00 ZL5 with coupled rear susp (sled pro). Gave it a run and my first impressions are mixed. Feels great for my weight (220lbs) for mellow cruising but when I crank it up a few notches the sled suprised me. I had to ratchet up my technique to handle the new responsiveness. The sled is more responsive to my movements and less forgiving of my mistakes. Found that I had to stand up to access the suspension's full potential. Will have to experiment more with this puppy on different settings. This was the first time ever riding this sled without bottoming out in several places along my route. It was a good workout!

Mark

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You could also purchase a set of SLide Spring Blocks from a 2002 ZR 800 they give you about 30% more preload on the front of the spings and it works great .
and unlike the adjusters these work through the whole adjustment range!!!
heres the part #1604-143
Just my 2Cents!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here goes what is the diffrence on my 03 900 and slide blocks on the 2002 800 ?The part # you gave I'am assuming is for 0ne.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I hear what you are saying about "riding for the first time without bottoming". I just added the heavier springs on my 99zl600, and on the lowest (stock type billet aluminum) adjuster setting it seemed to work good for the 230 lbs it is lugging around.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea that part # is for the new ones.

the difference is the ones on your machine are only 2 inches long these new ones are about 5 inches long. this greating more resistance on the end of the spring!

Trust me these work great I live where a groomed trail in unheard of lots of bumps and moguls.

love it , great cheap fix

You might want to go and look at your machine just to make sure its the short ones and not the long ones allready installed!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Are you guys sure about that part number as it is the same number as both my Cats and it is 2'' in height not 5''. The 2002 800 CC uses a different block part number 0604-403 would htis be the one you are talking about?

·
Registered
40 Posts
the one thats in my Cat that I changed was Part # 0604-403 SLIDE,SPRING
I changed them to a 1604-143 SLIDE,SPRING

and I just looked at the receipt I bought the 1604-143

thats the ones yo want

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are right the 2002 zr800 cc uses the small ones its the ones from the 2002 zr800 that you want

1 - 11 of 11 Posts