Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took this out for the first time a few days ago and immediately noticed the thing was running really hot. The temp light was not going off and the antifreeze is full. I took the plugs out and they were very lean. I changed the plugs and rode a little further. Again grey hot smelling smoke and a lot of heat. Could the thermostat be stuck closed? Does the water have to be flowing for the light to come on? Could dirty power valves cause a lean overheating condition? Can an EFI system lean out like this? Anyone have any ideas where to start? Also, once it cools off and it is first started it doesn't smoke (or smokes like normal) and seems to be running correctly.

·
Registered
659 Posts
my first question would be was there any loose snow where you were riding? if the trails are hard packed there isnt much loose stuff for cooling sooo when that light comes on get off into the rough to kick up some snow and cool things down.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my first question would be was there any loose snow where you were riding? if the trails are hard packed there isnt much loose stuff for cooling sooo when that light comes on get off into the rough to kick up some snow and cool things down.[/b]
The light wasn't coming on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts