Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first i want too say i hope these new forums will be a welcome addition to a great site, and there will be no bashing. we are SNOWMOBILERS first, no matter what we choose to ride. i have been fortunate to have met with and ride with both rob and jane, and they seem to be good people. i put 10,003 miles on a RX1 this season, this is a fantastic sled. i had no problems, i replaced 1 belt, 2 inside rear idler wheels, 1 set of plugs, 3 pairs of carbides. it uses approx. 1 qt. of oil every 1000- 1200 miles( i believe when riding at high rpm's it is pulling oil from the crank case through the breather tube up into the airbox and into carbs and burning it.) original sliders have 1/8" left. fuel milage depends on how it is ridden and conditions, i saw as low as 14mpg and as high as 20mpg, with a consistant average of approx. 16mpg- 17mpg. suspension set up is the key to getting a good ride from the pro-action suspension. the motor is so smooth, this sled is a genuine joy too spend time on. it has been a fantastic season on a fantastic sled, looking forward to next season. be well,fred.

·
Registered
587 Posts
please post some suspension set ups as my friends are having a hard time keeping the front end of these sleds on the ground. Inside ski lift is the biggest complaint. I rode one of these sleds a while back and was impressed. If I didn't buy a cat I would definatly consider the RX-1.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is what worked for me, with sled on a lift back off on the center shock until spring is loose, then snug up until spring can just be wiggled by hand. softening this shock will help allow the sled to "squat". also set transfer rods to line #4, set rear shock to suit you( i set fra to stiff and #5 on cam adj.) now soften front springs( approx.15 threads showing) and add good carbides( i prefer roetin xpr1). i had a viper last year and the RX1 now handles as well as the viper and rides better to boot. rja, also your friends can try a larger dia. torsion bar and longer links.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Welcome huo...I've been a loyal Yammi guy forever. I've owned the vmax's, xt's, srx, sxr, Viper...last year i bought the f7, which was my first Cat. The f7, after getting use to it, became very comfortable and the rear suspension was real smooth. The light weight was SO NOTICABLE. I sold the f7 two weeks ago and considered the Warrior real hard.The insurance quotes scared me away... Should be a hell of a sled!!! I had the chance to put some miles on a RX1 a couple of weeks ago that had the updated swaybar and was very impressed. Decided on a new f6 and a Sabercat for my wife(getting rid of her 99 phazer)...I look forward to reading all the post about some of the new stuff from Yamaha.............Welcome!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rja, sorry i left that information out,that is very important. limiter straps are pulled up 1 1/8", measured from the plate to the end of adj. rod. also forgot to add that i had to replace ( under warranty) 1 w- arm.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Hi all,glad we had a great winter here in the east finally. Hey huo,are you trying to knock robb off his roost for king miles or what,thats better than vt vermont at 9,000+ miles,i have had my best year in years,not my most miles,but a close second at 3,800+ with no break downs at all and i had the chance to pull two buddies w/rope,bad for them good that it was not me,cause i have been there way to many times in the past,and know what that feels like. I did kinda lie,it was fun to pull one of the guys,as he had been shiting on the one ton all year,now he burned down,the other only needed gas,both had twin polaris 800 needed gas 700 needed pistons,i have to say i dont miss either one of them problems,now that was not ment to be a bash on the xcsps cause i still owne one,and they are sweet sleds,but are prone to vibration,and that is what caused my friends 700 to burn down,he added a boost bottle,and dident support it,caused the boots to crack,and leak air,i gotta say i dont miss the vibration,anyway hell of a year,great job on the megga milage huo,and great site robb,oh robb where is ya listing of the trips you guys took this year,generally you post pics,thanks pete :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mnmsnowbeast, i recognize your name from totalyamaha, i am VT.RX1 there. i joined hardcoresledder before the "new hardcoresledder" and since it was primarily a firecat site i am huo here ( it means fire in chinese). glade you have checked in.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Hi huo,almost sounds like hi ho hi ho off to work we go,you know the song ha ha,well i guess there is only one crazy with super king milage,its you,your the winner,wow over 10,000 what a year we had ha,hope next year is as good,i am thinking about buying extended warrenty,what do ya think? pete :unsure:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mnmsnowbeast, it has been a fantastic season on a fantastic sled!!! extended warrenty will be good insurence, but i don't think you will need it. :D

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,046 Posts
Huo, I did alot of reading on this beast through different reports and have come to a conclusion that the RX-1's speedo is off a minumum of 15% and as high as 20%.
Using 15% you put a total of 8500 miles, ave mpg is 13.5-14.5, and you are using 1 quart of oil 850-1020 miles.

·
Registered
166 Posts
fast,

That 15% is at top end and it is closer to 10% at cruising speeds, my friend has one and the GPS has confirmed this. Up to 60mph 10%, after 60 creaps up to as high as 14%. I think 10% is what all sleds are near.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
One of the guys I ride with has a RX 1 and the seat has started to crack. Has any one else had this trouble. The dealer claims Yammy said no way to a warrenty claim since no one else has had the problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts