Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my dealer told me about a wheel kit that Black Magic has out that will place wheels on the outside edge of the track and improve handling. Does anybody have any experience with and/or comments about this kit?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you search for a topic?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
switta,

Thanks. I searched and found a couple of good posts. I satrted "cornering help" back up. check it out.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have the 3 wheel kit and it works great makes the back end much more stable and doesn't roll over on it's self causing oversteer. Their is a night and day difference.

·
Registered
200 Posts
As I've already said from one of my posts, cornering stability is greatly enhanced. I have the 4 wheel kit. I'm cornering with much less inside ski lift and able to accelerate out of corners earlier. Like a different sled with them!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Morrisond and biggestcat, did you guys notice any less track noise or any gain or loss of stopend speed after the install of the wheel kits?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I didn't notice anymore noise, but I have never thought F-Cat tracks were loud. I run studs so maybe this is why. No difference in top end.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have an 02 zr440 snopro with out the 3 wheel kit and an F7 sp that I had the 3 wheel kit in and I didn't really notice any difference between the way the 2 handled. But remember the 02 only weighs 425 dry. So I took the 3 wheel kit out of the F7. On stability I didn't notice any difference, On ski lift in the corners maybe the kit helps keep the sled flater but if in my opinion I would say not much. I might get a little more inside ski lift on a sharp slow corner where you are accelerating hard coming out of the corner. I've only ridden a couple hundred miles since I took it out, and with what differnce I noticed I will probably leave it out . If anyone is interested I would probably sell my Black Magic 3 wheel kit for $160.00 shipped.
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts