Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres an idea! ask some people that live out west and ride there all the time :cn:

post this same thing in the "Mountain riding" forum :div20:
or go to snowest and read on there[/b]

if your trying to be a smart a.... we he a big problem i was just asking a ?

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
checkout jackson hole wyoming ... lots of mountains right outside town and awesome accomodations in town ... i have been to montana twice elk hunting and they say that is awesome also( average 14 ft snow ) .. checkout around masoula area

nw idaho .... its all good in the elevations out there, just gotta find somewhere to stay

and ride207 enters a useful post as usual

·
Registered
265 Posts
Heres an idea! ask some people that live out west and ride there all the time :cn:

post this same thing in the "Mountain riding" forum :div20:
or go to snowest and read on there[/b]
Here's an idea, why don't you shut the fuck up. People from Maine HAVE ridden out west, imagine that.

As to the question.

My bud and I spent a few days at Togwotee Mountain Lodge. We went in the first week of march, and it was awesome. Everything out there is huge.

I would highly recommend this facility. The people were great, the guides know their shit and you'll have nothing but a good time for your cash.

My friend is 6'4" they found him a bar riser for his rental sled to make him more comfy. Early march is 4 months in for them so our sleds were sorta tired, but they accomodated our requests for maintenance when we had an issue (belts, secondary adjustments).

We had M7s, 153's they were fine. Surprisingly when we were there in early march it was not unlike here for the same month (deep base powder on top, warm sunny days, frigid nights). They had had 2 weeks of sun so the powder had setup into firm snow. We did get some fresh, but as you went up it became more powdery, not tits deep but good enough. Just being there was good enough. We missed the real deep shit by just about that 2 weeks.

Get a package deal, bring cash to tip your guides (they show you a good time). If you can afford it only get private guides, we had a group one day and it sucked, but by then we had been 2 days with private guides.

2 weeks will be pricey.

We're going again, but we're driving and bringing our own junk. We just want our own rides. I would rent again if we decided not to drive.

Matt

Our nutty guide Matt on the left (click on it, it's even more sick blown up) me in the middle, my bud Nate on the right.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx guys for in info

hay ride my friend wants to know if you want to trade paint( i would but i would have to get a slower sled so you could keep up)for that smart a.. comment

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
thanx guys for in info
hay ride my friend wants to know if you want to trade paint( i would but i would have to get a slower sled so you could keep up)for that smart a.. comment[/b]

feel free to swear here... we can fuckin take it !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i didnt want some of the kids on here to go back and tell mom

trail i saw a truck in maine the other day on 295 just like yours with mass plates was that u

·
Registered
112 Posts
looking to go out west next year for 2 weeks to ride what would you guys say the best place for mt riding and trails[/b]
i would think yellowstone would be a must. been up to whitefish montana you have big mountain ski area fairly close to glacier national park and a pretty neat town

as trail said montana is a great place

·
Registered
22 Posts
yup been out west to West Yellowstone to the Artic Blast it was awsome stay out there for a week. got to westyellowstone.com stayed in the one Horse hotel parents of Tylor Nelson from slednecks. They clam there is the best back country riding in the U.S. just out of yellowstone. The owner of the one horse will tell you some great spots to try out your skills.

·
Premium Member
5,978 Posts
There are so many different places out west to chose from. I lived in Utah for a season and there was so much snow it was unreal. But MT, WA, OR, ID, WY, CO also get tons of snow. Nevermind the AK & Canada. It's up to you and how much $$$ you want to spend.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
thanx guys for in info
hay ride my friend wants to know if you want to trade paint( i would but i would have to get a slower sled so you could keep up)for that smart a.. comment[/b]

w/e i wasnt being a smart ass, i was just sayin people out west know more about the Mountains then Mainers.......

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I spent a week in Grand Lake, CO 2 years ago and had a ball. If i had to do it all over again, i would like to try somewhere near togwotee or west yellowstone. It is definitely an expensive trip, and we had a problem with our rev mountain rental loosin power bigtime on the midrange which made it hard to climb. After we got it settled with the dealer things were great. Id still rent and fly next time, just cant see spendin the time drivin there and back to ride my non mountain sled in the mountains...to expensive. Im lookin to go sometime in late february if we get the 1-2 week layoff im hearin about.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
There are so many different places out west to chose from. I lived in Utah for a season and there was so much snow it was unreal. But MT, WA, OR, ID, WY, CO also get tons of snow. Nevermind the AK & Canada. It's up to you and how much $$$ you want to spend.[/b]
Why did you move back from Utah???

·
Registered
60 Posts
me and yamark were just contemplating togwotee like now .
4 of us 38 hours driving bringin our own mtn sleds .
we are in discussions and we have 4 riders ready to go .
bgblock[/b]
My wife doesn't think this is a good idea. She told me on a scale from 1-10 this will
piss her off around an 11 or 12 so I don't think I can go...............

But fuck it she's been pissed before.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
My wife doesn't think this is a good idea. She told me on a scale from 1-10 this will
piss her off around an 11 or 12 so I don't think I can go...............

But fuck it she's been pissed before.[/b]
lol :smilielol: :frech32:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.