Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Rochester NY. I usually ride Old forge and surrounding areas but like everyone else we are looking for snow. I have a trip planned for Jan 24- 28 and I am thinkin bout bailing out and heading to somewhere that might have more snow. Two places come to mind, Michigan and Quebec. Either way it is still at least an 8 hour drive (or more) and I would still have to cross into Cananda to get to Michigan so that isnt really a factor. The question I have is about registration and trail permits. Do I have to register in Michigan to ride in Michigan. And also what are the trail permit fees. I think it will be a last minute decision depending on who has the best riding conditions but I would like to have my homework done ahead of time. Thanks to anyone who can help :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I am from Rochester NY. I usually ride Old forge and surrounding areas but like everyone else we are looking for snow. I have a trip planned for Jan 24- 28 and I am thinkin bout bailing out and heading to somewhere that might have more snow. Two places come to mind, Michigan and Quebec. Either way it is still at least an 8 hour drive (or more) and I would still have to cross into Cananda to get to Michigan so that isnt really a factor. The question I have is about registration and trail permits. Do I have to register in Michigan to ride in Michigan. And also what are the trail permit fees. I think it will be a last minute decision depending on who has the best riding conditions but I would like to have my homework done ahead of time. Thanks to anyone who can help :beerchug:[/b]

The permits are the same as last year $ 25.00 and must be placed just above the headlight or just below the headlight so they can be seen from a distance..... You can buy them at most places that sell snowmobiles and sporting goods outlets... You can pick them up pretty much anywhere your going to ride

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.