Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys help me out because I've received a lot of back and forth about this. I have purchased two sleds in Michigan but I currently live in Ohio. Do I need to register the sleds in Michigan or only register in Ohio and either way purchase the trail permit? Any input would be appreciated. Brap on my friends.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Register in Ohio and buy a Mi. Trail permit to ride trails here. You can use for ice fishing here in Mi. without a trail permit as long as you are Ohio registered and have a Mi. fishing license.(out of state costs more)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Agree with Dodger. I do this every year as I live in IL...register in IL, buy trail pass when I get to MI.

Having said this, the MI SOS does not always give correct info. It depends who you get a hold of. When I have registered sleds there, I've had one of their employees tell me I needed both a prev registration signed AND a bill of sale, which is not true. I hung up, called back in, and the next person was better informed.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
You register your sled for the state you live in. You buy trail permits for the state you're going to ride it.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
the MI SOS does not always give correct info. It depends who you get a hold of. When I have registered sleds there, I've had one of their employees tell me I needed both a prev registration signed AND a bill of sale, which is not true. I hung up, called back in, and the next person was better informed.

A signed Reg. is always the easiest. If you get a bill of sale only,and the seller that wrote out the BOS is not the last registered owner. Now it may take some time to get figured out.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
You register your sled for the state you live in. You buy trail permits for the state you're going to ride it.
I see it a little differently, as we rarely get to ride in IL. I think 3 of my sleds are registered in WI, and 1 or 2 in MI. I'd rather that money go to states where I ride than my home cest pool....uh, I mean state.

·
Registered
183 Posts
reg

You might want to touch base with your insurance company first. Some have a problem with it being registered in another state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts