Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jane's XC600 has been having a few problems.. The PTO carb is acting up I think. Too cold to work on it now, but the PTO piston has a rich wash pattern and the sled is getting terrible gas mileage, like 7 or 8 mpg. At first I thought the valves were cruddy, but I pulled them the other day and they were very clean for the miles since last cleaning (over 2000). This year I'm running the XC on Amsoil instead of the Poo VES oil, and I can see that's making a big difference. Amsoil is much better oil than anything that Polaris offers, wish I had tried Amsoil years ago.

Other thing is I can't help but compare the F7 EFI to carbs on the XC. EFI is SO nice, not to have to baby-sit the choke lever on warmup. That and the little six has to be throttled hard to stay with the F7. Jane has put quite a few miles in the F7 now, and likes the easy power, but still feels a little uncomfortable on it. We will be at Colebrook Snowdeo in a couple of weeks looking to ride the new sleds. If I had to guess I'd say that a new ZL800 might be in the cards for Jane's next sled. We'll see :rolleyes:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 14 2003, 05:55 PM
If I had to guess I'd say that a new ZL800 might be in the cards for Jane's next sled. We'll see :rolleyes:
I run the zl 800 and have to say the 800 efi is the most pleasant engine I have ever run. Good fuel mileage, excellent oil economy, low rpms gives a relaxed feeling to the ride, runs excellent at any trail speed, and has been trouble free. Compared to the 600 efi there is no comparison!!!! Compared to other brands in the same size range, NO Comparison!!!! I have made some changes to the suspension, coupling and spring changes. It is now a great high mile cruiser that handles easily on any trail. Just my thoughts for what they are worth. I've got about 5000 miles on mine with no problems. :D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts