Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just informed that the club was given unianimous approval, from the attending selectmen to use Constitution Park to construct trails to get from Lake Ossipee to Route 25. This will allow expansion of trail system to get to the business's on Route 25. This will now go to DRED and DOT for trail connector and trail crossing permits.

This will open the way for the hopeful permitting of the OVSC and Coyote trail system thru State land to get us to the peak of Green Mountain and beyond in the upcoming future.

With the permissions that have been collected by OT these trails should be an upcoming reality after approval by the State of New Hampshire.

A big thanks goes out to John and Mitch for spending alot of time the last Four weeks going to the selectmens meetings. Last week they ended up going to meeting, then having to go wading out into bog and returning to the meeting to let them know that the area was flagged. Way to go guys! :div20:

Thanks to OT for spending the better part of the summer trying to get this project off the ground. It is finally thru the first hurdle.

Thank you to Peter Waugh of the Ossipee Parks and Recreation Dept. for working with club and granting us more trail than we asked for. It goes to show with the proper communication good things can happen.

Thanks to the Board of Selectmen in Ossipee for allowing this project to go forward and allowing the snowmobilers out there access to the local business's.
I'm am sure that the business's will be some happy to hear the outcome of all these meetings.

A thank you goes out to Debbie from Danforth Bay Resort for attending the meeting two weeks ago and speaking up in support of Ossipee Valley Snowmobile Club.

Well, on to step two, The State of New Hampshire for their permission process. And to quote Pathfinder " may the force be with us!!"

Freedom Rider

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by freedom rider@Oct 3 2005, 04:40 PM
I was just informed that the club was given unianimous approval, from the attending selectmen to use Constitution Park to construct trails to get from Lake Ossipee to Route 25. This will allow expansion of trail system to get to the business's on Route 25. This will now go to DRED and DOT for trail connector and trail crossing permits.

This will open the way for the hopeful permitting of the OVSC and Coyote trail system thru State land to get us to the peak of Green Mountain and beyond in the upcoming future.

With the permissions that have been collected by OT these trails should be an upcoming reality after approval by the State of New Hampshire.

A big thanks goes out to John and Mitch for spending alot of time the last Four weeks going to the selectmens meetings. Last week they ended up going to meeting, then having to go wading out into bog and returning to the meeting to let them know that the area was flagged. Way to go guys! :div20:

Thanks to OT for spending the better part of the summer trying to get this project off the ground. It is finally thru the first hurdle.

Thank you to Peter Waugh of the Ossipee Parks and Recreation Dept. for working with club and granting us more trail than we asked for. It goes to show with the proper communication good things can happen.

Thanks to the Board of Selectmen in Ossipee for allowing this project to go forward and allowing the snowmobilers out there access to the local business's.
I'm am sure that the business's will be some happy to hear the outcome of all these meetings.

A thank you goes out to Debbie from Danforth Bay Resort for attending the meeting two weeks ago and speaking up in support of Ossipee Valley Snowmobile Club.

Well, on to step two, The State of New Hampshire for their permission process. And to quote Pathfinder " may the force be with us!!"

Freedom Rider
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905948
[/quote]
That's absolutely great, couldn't be more happy for you guys. after working your collective asses off all summer. Key peice in place, the rest will fall into place much more easily now. :div20: :smiley-faces7: :luxhello: :banana: :smilielol:
pathfinder58 :cn:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Alot of hours were dedicated to get these trails added to the system. Hours off the job, hours after the job when all they wanted to do was go home and hit the couch, hours taken away from doing things in their personal life that were put on the back burner to take care of our trail system. Hours put on cell phones, letters written, rejections and finally an acceptance.
My friends, my fellow members of OVSC, you make me proud to be affiliated with such a great, hard working group.
Thanks guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luxhello: :beerchug: :banana: :buttrock: :awesome_dude: :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I would like to thank all of those that have been involved in this project. Without the team work it would not of gotten done. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Excellent work gentlemen! :banana:

Extremely sorry I didn't make the meeting the other night, I was in the area but got called back to work.....
:veryangry:
Anyway, question for the OVSC/Coyote folks....

I have the ability to map the OVSC trails with GPS (icluding coordinates of trail heads, landmarks, etc.) and overlay the system on topo.

Are you folks already doing this for a trailmap update?

If not, I would be happy to volunteer my time and to do it for the club...its the least I could do to pitch in....

Skip

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Originally posted by SHORTFUSED900@Oct 5 2005, 04:08 PM
Excellent work gentlemen! :banana:

Extremely sorry I didn't make the meeting the other night, I was in the area but got called back to work.....
:veryangry:
Anyway, question for the OVSC/Coyote folks....

I have the ability to map the OVSC trails with GPS (icluding coordinates of trail heads, landmarks, etc.)  and overlay the system on topo.

Are you folks already doing this for a trailmap update?

If not, I would be happy to volunteer my time and to do it for the club...its the least I could do to pitch in....

Skip
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910382
[/quote]

Skip,

I just spoke to Mark and the printers have the first draft of the trail system done. This does not have any of the new trails in The Coyote District or the Mt. Whittier trail. If you could help out with that it would be great as the map is topo. :div20:

John

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Cool,

I'll get a hold of Mark up at camp and see what needs to be done. Hopefully he'll be around this upcoming weekend.

Skip

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skip,
What type of gps do you have?
Do you have any software for it?
If so I can take your info by PM and plot it onto new map with my autocad.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
I am meeting with the Man from SAPPI @ 7 AM tomorrow. He said over the phone that he sees no problem on the face of things. I hope to arrange for our trail to skirt the woodline behind the wood storage area and access DRED (State) land via an existing road in the far right corner of Sappi lands. This would be preferrable to cutting in a new trail on state lands, as the state land is all very large and dense pine. That kind of pine stand keeps snow off the trail where it's needed. Out in the open, under the shadow of these pines, the snow is deeper, and is less prone to melting. On top of all that, the snow tends to drift up along that woodline...right where we want our trail. So stay tuned and wish me luck.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
SAPPI is in the bag. Thanks to Forrest W. @ Sappi.
Great guy, and he has a mile of sled trail through his lands in Maine!
All he asks is we STAY ON THE TRAIL !!
First time he sees a sled out in the woodyard....we are out....
He gave us the OK to do whatever we need, so we will sign it so hard that a sled will have to run over a "stay on trail" sign to get off the trail.
Also, he wants a large sign at each end of the Sappi land proclaiming it to be a working woodyard, and the need to stay on the trail to KEEP the trail.

On to the State @ SLAMIT !

I can forsee a few work partys comming real soon...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts