Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered my new F7 yesterday, sure hope that cross-link is on there, I would hate to see false advertisement! If that is what I paid for, I sure hope that is what I get, or a rebate for the cross link purchase price. That would be like buying a car with power windows and locks, and when you get it they tell you it doesn't come with them.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
My dealer says that cross link is not the standard. The standard rear suspension is:
FasTrack Long Travel System slide-rail with coupling blocks, adjustable torsion springs and Arctic Cat gas (IFP) shocks (remote reservoir with sno pro package).

The crosslink rear suspension is an option for $950.

Better hope your invoice/ball of sale shows crosslink rear suspension otherwise you have no proof of what you think you are paying for.

When you buy new car you get a window sticker and invoice that has the vehicles part/option breakdown, i doubt you got anything that resembles this on your sled purchase. Better go back to the dealer you made the purchase from and clarify your purchase and get what you believe it should have in writting. This will save you from getting upset at AC in the fall when you go pick up your sled and it does not have what you believe it should have (this advise to you comes from my dealer).

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a print out from AC webpage under spring options, build your sled. If you view the specs list says x-link suspension, etc. etc. etc. With the date and time you print it, and the web address.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Right from an AC rep's mouth on 3/21= NO CROSSLINK. The reason is that it is still not right for the consumer. It has more maintenance requirements than a standard shock and its over $100 to rebuild them.

I found a set of 2003 Xlinks for my F7..

·
Registered
450 Posts
F250 is right..Here it is right from the Spec Sheet..

rear_suspension : FasTrack Long Travel slide-rail w/Arctic Cat x-link coupled system, adjustable torsion springs

This could get interesting. It is listed as standard equipment.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
F250, Did you go back to your dealer yet to clarify? From what you are posting it appears that you have not. Have you emailed Dan at the Outdoor Shop yet? He is an AC dealer and has posted that the info from the spring order page that you build the sled is incorrect. Have you gone to the regular 2004 lineup page and then looked at the specs for the rear suspension? It is different the the build your sled output. The Arctic Pride books just were sent out and again this shows that there is no crosslink in the 2004 Firecat. Have you called AC customer service 800 number yet? As of a call I made last night at 5pm, there is no crosslink on the firecat. They would like any customer that is being told this by dealers to report the dealer to them so that they can contact that dealer. The service representative's at the 800 number are aware that the spring choice page where you build the sled and then you take the printed page to the dealer has incorrect information and the dealer are suppose to clarify that the page is wrong.
Just with the conflicting information on the AC website this should make someone that is truely concerned about getting what I paid for, to go back to the dealer and clarify and get it in writing as to what you will get on whatever the dealer gave you. I am just trying to make it easier on you. I had a simular problem with a motorcycle purchase a few years ago (web site said onething and when I got the bike it did not have what the web site said), to make it short web page print out means nothing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
"SnoPro: Racing rear suspension, as found on Team Arctic's sleds"

"Remote Resivoir shocks"

As of yet, I haven't seen where Cat has claimed they are the Cross Link. Team Arctic Sleds didn't have Xlink on the mods.

Also, look in the brochures under the specs and they print "Specifications subject to change without notice"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts