Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fwiw I just received a price increase notification from one of our suppliers today that we will be getting a 15% price increase starting on October 1st

not to turn this political but anyone who didn't thinks all these tariffs and trade wars would not get dumped directly onto the consumer is simply an ignorant fool

big corporations (foreign or domestic) aren't about to lose one red cent of profit over these tariffs if they can avoid it

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
well the end game is to get our trade partners to drop their tariffs on our exports. Just good to see the pot being stirred.

I am very in tune with lumber prices. They have gone up 80% in the past 22 months or so.
These price hikes started way before any tariff talks were mentioned.
Where is that excess profit going to?
It sure as hell didn't find it's way into the pockets of Joe lunchbox who gets it from the woods to the flatbed.

tariffs, no tariffs, face it, you control nothing except to say I ain't buyin it at that price and then the price will drop.
Polaris proves this every year about this time with discounts of $3-5k off msrp on there non current sleds....and this year atvs as well.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
My machinery prices have gone up anywhere from 5 to 13%. You start talking about a 200k tractor and that is a lot of money. What pisses me off is they put the price increases in effect long before any tariffs kicked in. I just got done building a house a year and a half ago. Builder tells me now if I were to build the same house (steel roof and steel siding) that it would be 80,000 dollars more. Fucking crazy!!

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
order now before the tariffs kick in

fwiw I just received a price increase notification from one of our suppliers today that we will be getting a 15% price increase starting on October 1st
Order what ?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
nice to hear from the dumbasses to our north.....the illegal aliens don't like Trump much either....how aboot a taco party, eh!

Your silly little country shoved it up the asses of the WI farmers a couple years ago....who dreamt that schit up, liberal scum?

WI Gov. Scott Walker;

"Canadian dairy products in excess of Canada's World Trade Organization (WTO) obligations.

The Canadian government is reportedly seeking to implement this program nationally - on top of the tight restrictions and steep tariff barriers already levied on imported products.

Last June, I expressed my concerns about these policies directly to U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman and U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack. Canada's protectionism is already costing Wisconsin's dairy industry.

Grassland had anticipated growth in sales were it not for the looming Canadian regulations, which impact their product offerings, their ability to fill product orders, and to purchase dairy by-products from other Wisconsin plants.

As a result, while Grassland's margins and profit have been hurt this year, the impact goes beyond a single company. Looking toward next year, Grassland will be forced to limit its milk purchasing commitments from farmers and supplying cooperatives, which hurts their bottom lines as well.

There is no need for an investigation, as some have requested. We already know that the protectionist trade actions taken by the Canadian government are harming Wisconsin's dairy industry right now. We know these policies violate current trade agreements and put our U.S. producers at an unfair disadvantage. We don't need to investigate, we need to act."

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Shhhhhh,,,,,,,it's really easy for everyone to blame Trump though. :c-n:

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,908 Posts
nice to hear from the dumbasses to our north.....the illegal aliens don't like Trump much either....how aboot a taco party, eh!

Your silly little country shoved it up the asses of the WI farmers a couple years ago....who dreamt that schit up, liberal scum?

WI Gov. Scott Walker;

"Canadian dairy products in excess of Canada's World Trade Organization (WTO) obligations.

The Canadian government is reportedly seeking to implement this program nationally - on top of the tight restrictions and steep tariff barriers already levied on imported products.

Last June, I expressed my concerns about these policies directly to U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman and U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack. Canada's protectionism is already costing Wisconsin's dairy industry.

Grassland had anticipated growth in sales were it not for the looming Canadian regulations, which impact their product offerings, their ability to fill product orders, and to purchase dairy by-products from other Wisconsin plants.

As a result, while Grassland's margins and profit have been hurt this year, the impact goes beyond a single company. Looking toward next year, Grassland will be forced to limit its milk purchasing commitments from farmers and supplying cooperatives, which hurts their bottom lines as well.

There is no need for an investigation, as some have requested. We already know that the protectionist trade actions taken by the Canadian government are harming Wisconsin's dairy industry right now. We know these policies violate current trade agreements and put our U.S. producers at an unfair disadvantage. We don't need to investigate, we need to act."

you are kidding me right? The 270% tariff is on the EXCESS of what Canada already takes in from the US. Canada does take in dairy from the US, quite a bit of it actually, but Canada doesn't need it all, so any excess over and above the allotted amount is tarriffed. Wisconsin has more cows just in that state than all of Canada. Trump goes into his rally saying that Canada is placing tariffs on ALL dairy, and that is not true at all. I'm sure there will be some more concessions on dairy as the NAFTA talks keep on going, but all his bullshit about Canadian tariffs is just hot air and for the typical American who can't do any research and takes what DT says at face value which is a big mistake on most days. Ironically, Trump had more access to Canada's dairy market with the Trans Pacific Partnership, BUT HE RIPPED THE DAMN THING UP AND PULLED OUT?!?!

Keep thinking it's all Canada's fault, lol. When the 25% tariff for autos comes in from Trump, then the real hurt will be felt on both sides of the border. But hey, since Trump ain't Obama, then it's all good. Enjoy the average $6000-8000 increase in your new car or higher lease payment.

I mentioned this was going to happen a couple months ago in another thread and the US consumer was going to feel the pinch. Trump's reasoning on the 232 indicating Canada's steel and aluminum was a threat to national security (biggest joke next to Trump himself) started all this mess. So, enjoy the higher costs and just buy American. I know i don't buy anything that is made in the US anymore other than fruit that's in the grocery store as i have no other choice unless it comes in from Mexico. The US needs to get their shit together in the milk states and stop pointing fingers everywhere else which seems to be the norm. Everyone else is to blame but themselves.

·
Registered
603 Posts

WI Gov. Scott Walker;

The dumbasses are the ones who produce so much milk,they pour more down the drain every year,than canada produces.
The majority of US dairy farmers would like the same system implemented in the US as Canada uses.That way,they will actually make money.

·
Registered
39,552 Posts
My machinery prices have gone up anywhere from 5 to 13%. You start talking about a 200k tractor and that is a lot of money. What pisses me off is they put the price increases in effect long before any tariffs kicked in. I just got done building a house a year and a half ago. Builder tells me now if I were to build the same house (steel roof and steel siding) that it would be 80,000 dollars more. Fucking crazy!!
Not sure this has as much to do with tariffs but most everything is going up as wages increase along with interest rates as the economy is now doing better under trump. Manufactures and retailers are naturally raising prices figuring customers can afford it. I guess you can call it inflation.

·
Premium Member
15,566 Posts
As I've said many times, I've worked with numerous Trump types over a 50+ year history of Vehicle troubleshooting and Manufacturing experience. They are certain that only they know how to solve a problem. They belittle anyone else's knowledge and experience. They refuse to listen to more knowledgeable people.

Trump's Tariffs are the result of kneejerk reaction typical of folks who jump to conclusions based on poor understanding of how things work.

Unfortunately, many voters are the same mentality.

There's no substitute for an informed voter.

This requires a lot more information gathering than most have the patience for. This is the biggest reason you must trust more experienced people rather than second guess them.

And, most importantly, don't assume that because someone is wealthy or reaches a high position, or has a lot of education that he is more qualified than someone with a track record of good results.:wall:

So, until wiser heads enter the picture, expect more of the same.:bc:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Maybe ask the Lobster fisherman in Maine how they like Trump....They usually ship their Lobster to China..Lots of it...now,fk all....And the best part,Nova Scotia lobster exports have increased by 7 times since Trumps tarrifs...

Just saying :whistle:

·
Registered
939 Posts
The dumbasses are the ones who produce so much milk,they pour more down the drain every year,than canada produces.
The majority of US dairy farmers would like the same system implemented in the US as Canada uses.That way,they will actually make money.
It called inflation and the fed raising interest rates

Trump doesn’t have much to do with the price increases, US has a deal with Mexico and the EU thats all good, China has already manipulated their dollar that the tariffs have had little effect on prices. The Dumbasses politicians to the north better see the light if the Canadian Dollar goes down anymore vs the US dollar and the unemployment rate keep going up .Canada will be in a world of hurt. Next year at this time Canada will be lucky if their dollar will be worth $0.65 vs US and unemployment at 8% that will not be good. But will happen if the stubbornness continues. Canada will get hurt the most by the Tariffs . Canada is already moving corporations to the US at an all time rate and the light is still not on yet. 50% of Canada’s GNP Depends on trade with the US ! Not good if prices go up . Screwed the US to long , time to bring it to the table and play on equal terms.

PS: if I’m right Have fun paying $25,000 for a sled to next year.

·
Registered
603 Posts
It called inflation and the fed raising interest rates

Trump doesn’t have much to do with the price increases, US has a deal with Mexico and the EU thats all good, China has already manipulated their dollar that the tariffs have had little effect on prices. The Dumbasses politicians to the north better see the light if the Canadian Dollar goes down anymore vs the US dollar and the unemployment rate keep going up .Canada will be in a world of hurt. Next year at this time Canada will be lucky if their dollar will be worth $0.65 vs US and unemployment at 8% that will not be good. But will happen if the stubbornness continues. Canada will get hurt the most by the Tariffs . Screwed the US to long , time to bring it to the table and play on equal terms.

PS: if I’m right Have fun paying $25,000 for a sled to next year.
maybe ask the companys selling those sleds how they will survive,losing all those sales.JOBS in US and Canada

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,908 Posts
please let the dollar go down to .65. i can export WITHOUT tariff our product. I already have a market in the US, so this will make it even that much better.

Trump will lose all the swing states if he implements a auto tariff. So, good luck with a Dem house in november

1 - 20 of 122 Posts