Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to here from anybody that has a white dot on their ecu. What kind of performance are you getting ? Have you raced one with the orange dot ecu ,how do they compare. I have the orange and other than it loads up terrible at idle it performs well, have seen 105 mph in a 1000' seems faster than the f-7 and fuel economy is reasonable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
buddy of mine has 07 f8 with a white dot and at idle seems to be loading up with stumbling problem but runs great on top. Ive heard the white dot seems to be the better one, but i would like to see a race. ill keep you posted if i can get one lined up. :bee :flamethrowingsmiley: :duel: r_cheers:

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
orange or white has nothing to do with maping. The machines that have a white dot on the ecu (near the part number and symbol markings) have had the ecu changed for one that wont show a false code 21. nothing more, nothing less. All that I have seen have the orange dot in the dimple on the top of the ecu, nowhere near where the white dot would be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
orange or white has nothing to do with maping. The machines that have a white dot on the ecu (near the part number and symbol markings) have had the ecu changed for one that wont show a false code 21. nothing more, nothing less. All that I have seen have the orange dot in the dimple on the top of the ecu, nowhere near where the white dot would be.[/b]
thanks for that info. wasnt really sure what that was for just hear alot of talk. in know triangle vs. square are different.

·
Registered
25 Posts
orange or white has nothing to do with maping. The machines that have a white dot on the ecu (near the part number and symbol markings) have had the ecu changed for one that wont show a false code 21. nothing more, nothing less. All that I have seen have the orange dot in the dimple on the top of the ecu, nowhere near where the white dot would be.[/b]
thanks alot for the info. this will clear up a lot of talk between people who's got the better ecu....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have heard different, the orange dot ecu's have a lean spot and also display the knock sensor code, unsure if the lean spot is the cause of the code 21 or if they are 2 separate problems

·
Registered
342 Posts
the square, circle, and triangle ECU's are matched to the flow of the sled's injectors. they have slightly different flow so there are different ecu's per injector system. meaning if you have a square and run a circle it won't map correctly for the fuel. however it since some sleds run better than others this could be a reason why. a sled with too much fuel pressure will not run as crisp as one with a couple pounds less. i.e. the freak F7's that ran to obscene high speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
the square, circle, and triangle ECU's are matched to the flow of the sled's injectors. they have slightly different flow so there are different ecu's per injector system. meaning if you have a square and run a circle it won't map correctly for the fuel. however it since some sleds run better than others this could be a reason why. a sled with too much fuel pressure will not run as crisp as one with a couple pounds less. i.e. the freak F7's that ran to obscene high speeds.[/b]
That's a different dot. Not the one we're talking about here. Read Krom's reply above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts