Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed alot of black on the low end of the hood where the exhaust comes out? It's not burned on my machine but it's noticeably blackened from the exhaust. My plugs looked ok so I'm not running super rich, I think it's originaly from the break-in fuel mix and alot of idling while letting it warm up before I drive. Has anyone found a good way to remove this? I'm going to buy a mr clean magic eraser and see if that works maybe. :frech32:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I used Cat Cleaner for mine, it worked great. You just have to be careful around the graphics, as if the cleaner sits around the graphics for to long, it will lossen them.
I would try the magic eraser first, those theings work awesome on everything, but if that don't work try the cat cleaner..

:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Fast orange handcleaner w/pumice works great as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
without a doubt...try CAT CLEANER.... it works so good, you wont believe it.... I WAS BLOWN AWAY.

check your oil ratio, last year mine was 35-1 and it was black down there, this year i have it at 45-50 to 1 and i can barley see any black after 200 miles.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give that all a shot and see if it cleans up. I'm sure my oil ratio is a bit rich, I've been hesitant to alter it since I'm scared to lean out a brand new engine. I'll put another hundred miles or so on it (only about 350mi now give or take if I remember right) and then measure up the ratio and try turning it down a bit if it's out. Tnx :beerchug:

·
Registered
97 Posts
The BEST way (and its the cheapest). Buy a can of Carb Medic made by Gunk (yellow spray can) at Wal-Mart for 3.47$ Canadian. Spray it on the panel and the balck LITERALLY runs off. Give a quick wipe and your good to go

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.