Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the 1 1/4 shockwave installed on mine. Anyone have any review or tips or advise on that track with that sled? I might stud it also. Need feedback. Can't wait for snow! :help:By the way it's the 600 ho fusion!

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
ordered ripper on mine also

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually It is the shockwave out of polaris 1 1/4" line of tracks. It is a snowcross similar track but an 1 1/4". I have a similar track on my 01' 600 Pro x and I can pull my friend's 800 polaris with ripper up to 80 at times by 2-3 lengths all the way. So that is why I chose that option. If that little motor spins as good ass they say it does...it will be more like 4-5 lengths! I also upgraded to the C & A AD's with 8" carbides. My bud has a 05' fusion that he can't turn worth a damn. Can't wait for snow!! Does anyone have a tip on what length studs for that track? :stirthepot:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Originally posted by prox800@Oct 18 2005, 09:49 AM
Actually It is the shockwave out of polaris 1 1/4" line of tracks.  It is a snowcross similar track but an 1 1/4".  I have a similar track on my 01' 600 Pro x and I can pull my friend's 800 polaris with ripper up to 80 at times by 2-3 lengths all the way.  So that is why I chose that option.  If that little motor spins as good ass they say it does...it will be more like 4-5 lengths!  I also upgraded to the C & A AD's with 8" carbides.  My bud has a 05' fusion that he can't turn worth a damn.  Can't wait for snow!!  Does anyone have a tip on what length studs for that track? :stirthepot:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937345
[/quote]

The shockwave 1.25 is a very good track had one on my old xcr 440. Those straight paddle 1.25 are the way to go, not sure why everyone has such a hard on for the rip saw. And yes I have experience with them, had one my old rev 600ho.

For stud lenght, I just did saber 1.38's with tall nuts in my doo 1.25 straight paddle. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I ran the 1.25 Shockwave Polaris track on my 03PROX7.

It is a Very good track.
It is a hard durameter and is very durable, even in low snow conditions it was perfect after a 3000 miles....No lug or any other damage.

It really excels at off trail and or loose snow conditions and really shovels snow!
It is awesome on hardpack until it gets like concrete or icy....then it sit's too far off the snow and doesn't penetrate.
It is not the best for top speed. It is fairly light although about 2 lbs more than the Ripsaw.
I saw about 4mph off of the original 1in Polaris track under similar conditions.
You can feel it "Fanning" in the tunnel at top speed

So to sum up...
I think it is a superior track in the loose and off trail and when the snow is plentiful than the Ripsaw.
It is a proven durable track.
It does shave a bit of top speed...more so than the Ripsaw.
It is not the best on really hardpack and or icy trails. Ripsaw is better here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts