Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, since everyone has always been so helpful, I would like your opinions on the 2003 F7. It has 6000 clicks on it and comes with extra skis. It has been reconditioned. Just wondering if there has been any major issues with the sled. I do not know if it is carb or efi I will have that information tomorrow. Price is 3600.00 usd. Also comes with new track, extra carbides. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
There are several updates for the 03's, check and see what has been done.

Some things that come to mind:
-Check the idler wheels, they come apart quick on these sleds.
-Check (ask) that the chaincase bearings were replaced with the updated (04) bearings.
-Check for cracks or egged out holes in the rails.
-The front of the seat would sometimes tear on the 03's. It would be the front, bottom part of the seat, where it meets the gas tank and tunnel.
-If you want to get into it, pop the airbox off and check for cracks in the bulkhead around the tube where the steering spindle runs (forget the technical term) You can check for cracks on the outside of that area too.
-if you buy it, check it over very well for hoses that are rubbing. Chances are they would have wore through by now, but check anyways. There were alot of hoses rubbiing in alot of places. Pop the belly pan off and check as well.

I know there is more, but thats all that I can think of. good luck! :div20:

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I havent had any problems with mine. I think you could find an 04 with the same miles for close to the same money. Might be worth a look

·
Premium Member
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke with the guy who is selling it briefly. He told me that the jugs were redone by AC for the recall (pistons & cylinders recall). That's what he meant by reconditioned. The shocks have been reloaded and it is showroom condition. He said that he would have pictures tomorrow and more details for me. Thank you for the opinions so far. How is the gas mileage on this sled? Anyone ever measure it? We go to North Bay in Canada on trips, and I would like to know so that I could plan a route to travel on. I have been shopping around. Found another 03 F7 with saber graphics for $4800.00 USD.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
$4800 sounds way too high for an 03. For another 1400 you can get a brand new 05 F7 carb with a three year warranty. The concern I'd have with the sled with 6000 miles is how the sled was driven for those miles. You have to make the call on how well cared for the sled seems to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts