Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously looking at a Boss Hightop for my 05 F7ext. I am 6'6" tall 225. Fairly serious rider.
Those who have them, what are your opinions? Are they easy to install and Clean looking after the install.

I like my 05 seat. It is much better than the ol ZR. But I am still looking for more ride height..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Well by boss seat just showed up at my house yesterday but it is just the standard flatop....which is still a couple inches taller then stock seat. I am 6'6 myself 190. I sat on a highrise and really didnt care for it but I guess it is all personal preferance. I like the standard flatop myself. That is my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Im about 6'6 also and 280 I have a Hightop on my sled havent rode with it yet but just from sitting on it I like it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dono where did you order yours from....just wondering since you never see them in ontario.least i havent.and how much did you pay for it and shipping. just wondering cuz i was thinking about getting one,thanks.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I hated the added height myself when I recieved mine, I didnt even install it...

but no butt hump on the rear makes a nice clean look....

they are also 10x lighter....even though the highrise is alot bigger in size...

·
Registered
843 Posts
I love mine :div20:

But, I too do not have the highrise.... since I am 5'10"... I got the regular flat top. It is a couple inches taller than stock, narrower at the top, & alot lighter.

Feels great!

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
I ordered the highrise widetop in the spring. Sitting on the sled now I like it way more than stock, its hard to even sit on my dad's sled now. For a sit down rider I wouldn't think they would like it, but for stand up riders its a much better fit IMO.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Originally posted by 2003F5@Sep 12 2005, 06:50 PM
does anyone know if you can put a 05 440 snopro seat on a 03 firecat? will it mount right up like a boss seat would?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871619
[/quote]
Nope.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by $sLeDnEcKs$@Sep 12 2005, 05:04 PM
Dono where did you order yours from....just wondering since you never see them in ontario.least i havent.and how much did you pay for it and shipping. just wondering cuz i was thinking about getting one,thanks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=871427
[/quote]

Freak over on Snow west. $535.60 USD shipping in. Best price I could find. This is a flat top, none skid, wide top, and tanker....4gal. Black with Boss nos in red.

Dutie and taxes will be extra when delivered. :div20:

I can IM his Email if you would like.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Freak is the man!! Thats where I got mine. Widetop with shovel pouch for $460 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Freak is where I ordered mine, can't wait for it to show up. Been talking to Do on how the Tanker is going to work, anybody know how it will work. Can't tap into our fuel line since the fuel pump is in the tank.

Thanks again Freak..... Great to deal with.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
UPDATE ON TANKERS

Due to popular demand, the status of many BOSS Tanker seats is being outlined. The next tanker we will release is for the IQ Chassis. We have created a few molds that will be fitted to the chassis very soon. As soon as we have a working mold, we will get fuel cells made and the Tanker seat will be released. We are estimating that this will happen within the next few weeks. It is anticipated that the IQ Tanker will hold upwards of 4 gallons of fuel. Secondly, we will release a Tanker seat for the M7 and Sno Pro chassis. These tankers will be similar to the IQ tanker. Please note that we are working hard to release a product that is perfect for all applications. We have no doubt that you will be thoroughly impressed with our new Tankers' designs and functionality.

This is from the Boss site. Still does not tell how the tanker will work....

·
Registered
490 Posts
A Boss seat is the best money I ever spent in sledding. It's awsome. I have the standard high rise and I won't ever own a sled without one...ever. The stiffer foam makes it feel like your suspention has 6 more inches of travel, that foam they put in OEM seats is a joke.

From riding mine I would not want the wide top b/c it would make leaning harder. When you are up there that high, you really need to lean in corners, but the posture and ride is so much better it's worth it.

Boss seats are the best acc money can buy. You won't believe it until you ride with one, but I swear it's like heven riding on one. You'll hop on an OEM seat and wonder how you stuck it out oll those years on a sponge.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
i have a high rise, but not wide top and love it, better look into a riser too such as isobibe to gain the extra inches, you will love

you really cant see my in this pic.(riser that is)

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts