Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a lake race ported XCR 800 recently and i already owned a mint condition xcr 800 with some mods done to it (pro xr shorty seat with edge fuel tank, Team Fast M20 suspension with onboard air compressor, 2008 polaris skis) and like I stated before its MINT

so here is my dilemma, I want one XCR as king and other will be my backup or used for people I take riding with me. so here are my options

1. Take the motor and the track off the XCR I just bought and put them on my modded XCR. this would require shimming engine again which is a little intimidating to me since the motor in its current sled is setup perfect by none other then XCR1250 not to mention my modded XCR has a stripped out motor mount hole in the bulkhead which I put a helicoil in and a nut on the backside of the motor mount.

2. Take the hood, gas tank, seat, skid, air compressor and wiring off my modded xcr and put it on the ported XCR. I'm leaning this route but this would require holes being added to the tunnel and unused holes in the old tunnel.. and there is a ding in the floorboard from the belt snapping and hitting it. not major but it is there and would result in the machine not being perfect like id like it to be.

please any input or advice would be appreciated maybe im making shiming the motor out to be more of a problem then it actually is.. i just would like the machine to run in top shape the way XCR1250 has it set currently.

·
Super Moderator
36,497 Posts
Why does the engine have to be shimmed if moving it from 1 XCR to another XCR? Are they both Gen 2's?
Myself I would leave both as is, using the ported engine with the M20 would probably lose some performance/speed, however improving ride quality.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a possibility if I can get the xtra 10 dialed into where I like it, I've never had success since I'm a heavy guy

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have two XCR's: '00 and '01. The '00 has m-20, reverse, e-start and is in really nice shape. It's a fast cruiser.The '01 has a new motor and reverse. I'm going to rebuild the Xtra-10, extend to 136" and clean it up. Great sleds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts