Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into purchasing an open faced helmet. I'm not concerned about cost, mainly quality. I have only ever used motorcross open faced helmets for a winter open face helmet and wanted to try one made for snowmobiling.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Try doing a search, this topic has been beat to death. :beatingdeadhorse:
There really arent any MX helmets that are "specifically made for snowmobiling", they merely offer optional breathguards for them. Z1R and HJC are brands that come to mind in this instance. You dont absolutely need one of those though, you can either get a no fog mask or get a pair of goggles like the Scott Voltage-X Thermal or Scott Volta Thermax that have a noseguard and a little fleece mask that keeps your face warm.
Personally, I wear a Thor Force with Scott Voltage-X Thermal goggles. You need something to cover your face though, pulling a baclavia or ski mask up over your nose aint gonna cut it. I know because I tried doing that and I ended up getting frostbite on my face one day last winter.

·
Banned
695 Posts
I've got an old Bell that I wear but I've been looking for something new. Scorpion makes one that looks pretty sweet but I haven't seen one in person. I really like the ones from Polaris and SkiDoo that have the Matte finishes but unless we get some damn snow I ain't buying! The one thing I've found that helps is wearing a good balaclava that covers as much as possible...that and the aforementioned nose protector on your goggles. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
You can get a Thor Force in a matte black too. :)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Try doing a search, this topic has been beat to death. :beatingdeadhorse:
There really arent any MX helmets that are "specifically made for snowmobiling", they merely offer optional breathguards for them. Z1R and HJC are brands that come to mind in this instance. You dont absolutely need one of those though, you can either get a no fog mask or get a pair of goggles like the Scott Voltage-X Thermal or Scott Volta Thermax that have a noseguard and a little fleece mask that keeps your face warm.
Personally, I wear a Thor Force with Scott Voltage-X Thermal goggles. You need something to cover your face though, pulling a baclavia or ski mask up over your nose aint gonna cut it. I know because I tried doing that and I ended up getting frostbite on my face one day last winter.[/b]
wrong, one of the z1r open face is made for snow. it has extra padding 4 warmth and comes WITH a breath gaurd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.