Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iwas just wonderin what kinda of open face helmets you guys recommend?

what kind of gogs too?

oh yeah one more, what do wear over face besides reg balaclava?

do you recmmend an open face lid?

Appreciate guys,

Clammer

P.S Why do Polaris guys think their Pro x's are so fast??? as if it 'd beat an F7 or an F5! :wacko:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have an f7 anfd my brother in law has a pro-x 800. the f7 is faster, they are both stock. but there is a recall on the cdi box in th r pro-x, after it gets reprogramed it will pick up 10 horse power. the pro-x is a nice ridding sled but its no firecat, even after the recall is done the firecat will still be faster.

S

·
0 Posts
HJC Open face Helmet, smith gogles with nose protector( so not to freeze nose), thin bellaclava til -20C thick one if colder, always wear my teck vest, as for jackets and pants GORTEX!! you can't beat it.
The helmet is best to try it on with the goggles. I always look for a lite helmet that is just a bit snug as they loosen up after a ride or two. The HJC Fits my head nice, it's lite, the price is right and aproved by the (Government DOT? DOC?)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a brand new G-Max 16x (Large) with brand new AC Smith goggles. I wore it once earlier in the year, but we have no snow, and would like to find it a new home. If you are interested in it, drop me a line.

[email protected]

BM

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tried an open face last year and for a short ride with
it not to cold they aren't bad but I didn't have good luck
with it when it got cold.

Just an opinion though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I tried an open face last year and for a short ride with
it not to cold they aren't bad but I didn't have good luck
with it when it got cold.

Just an opinion though.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've used a HJC snow X for the past 3 yrs and I would never go back , get the breath deflector for the sn-x style , With that and a Fleece baclava I,m good to around 0 deg F , then when it is real cold have a couple pieces of aurmoflex "not sure if I spelled it right" , it's a closed cell foam insulation that pipe coverers use . I put them in under the goggle straps "quick straps are great" and I'm good to go , rode one day a couple of yrs ago at -20 and was ok as you can be at that temp . You can see better and no more fogg as long as you buy dual pane lenses :) :) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts