Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of the Ontario snowmobile clubs listed their radar run dates for this year?

-Twiggs

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Pretty hard to do radar runs on lakes with no ice.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alliston runs either 1320 or 1500 feet. I've run there for a few years except last year when it was postponed, then cancelled :( I'm trying to stay optimistic for testing on Soldier's Bay thought :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty hard to do radar runs on lakes with no ice.[/b]
They run Alliston in a farmer's field. Same with Orangeville. Although I do prefer running on a lake. :div20:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Can you say "GRASS DRAGS?" :beatingdeadhorse: (Yes,i'm an a--hole,but i can change,if i have to,i guess. :frech32: )

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm waiting to see when Orangeville is going to post theirs. It ran last year when Alliston didn't. Not too far apart from each other. :dunno:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm waiting to see when Orangeville is going to post theirs. It ran last year when Alliston didn't. Not too far apart from each other. :dunno:[/b]
Last year there was so much slop under the snow that when I ran the groomer over it there was quite the mess. I'm glad that we cancelled it. It would have been pretty dangerous.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last year there was so much slop under the snow that when I ran the groomer over it there was quite the mess. I'm glad that we cancelled it. It would have been pretty dangerous.[/b]
Are you one of the people that organize or maintain the Alliston event?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well my hat is off to you partner. You guys run a great event. You figure the location may be a little out of the way for some but there is always a good turn out. I enjoy running there especially when the event was over and everyone lined 'em up, but I understand why this is no longer an acceptable practice. I always look forward to running in Alliston and was crushed to have it postponed then cancelled last year. Safety first. Again, thank you very much and look for a strong entry in the 800 class :eclipsee_steering:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well my hat is off to you partner. You guys run a great event. You figure the location may be a little out of the way for some but there is always a good turn out. I enjoy running there especially when the event was over and everyone lined 'em up, but I understand why this is no longer an acceptable practice. I always look forward to running in Alliston and was crushed to have it postponed then cancelled last year. Safety first. Again, thank you very much and look for a strong entry in the 800 class :eclipsee_steering:[/b]
Thanks alot. We try and keep the line going so everyone can get there fill of runs in. Hopefully the weather will coperate this year . Look forward to seeing you this year.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I hear Alliston is going to be good this year.

The ACSCC tries to keep a list of events - http://www.acscc.com/events.php

For Ontario and Canada. Feel free to check it out.

If you have an event, please submit it and they will add it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.