Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find online directions on how to install reverse on a zr so I can reassemble everything. I bought my sled with reverse but it doesn't engage. I took the chaincase off this weekend and the gears are fine but it is missing the adjustment bolt which I'm sure is the main problem (#21). I just want to make sure everything else was installed properly.

ie: #12 - how tight is this suppose to be tightened? Right now it is hand tight. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
45 ft/lb with red loctite rings a bell. If not tight/secure enough it can come loose and spin right off the shaft. Like mine did. Downer!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by AirBorn@Oct 10 2005, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know where I can find online directions on how to install reverse on a zr so I can reassemble everything. I bought my sled with reverse but it doesn't engage. I took the chaincase off this weekend and the gears are fine but it is missing the adjustment bolt which I'm sure is the main problem (#21). I just want to make sure everything else was installed properly.

ie: #12 - how tight is this suppose to be tightened? Right now it is hand tight. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919263
[/quote]

#12 should be tight. I am not sure of what poundage, however I know it should have loc tite on it and be tightened as a normal bolt would be. I would guess 20-40lbs or so. When I broke mine down that "bolt" was really hard to break lose. If I am not mistaken that is a 1/2 inch "allen" or "hex" bolt. Good luck finding the tool to tighten it. You can special order them from craftsman or Mac or Snap On if you need too. I had one at work I "adopted" AFTER making one for myself. If you do not have one or do not want to buy one you can rummage through your punch and chisel drawr. (If you have one) Take a 1/2 inch wrench and use it to find a punch that has a 1/2 inch hex shank on it. When you find one cut off about 2inches off the end of it. Slide that into the bolt you need to tighten then use a 1/2 inch 6point socket on the other end of it to tighten and loosen it ect ect....

Good luck. If you have any questions or I didnt make enough sense to ya PM me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
:I HAVE DONE A FEW OF THESE ABOUT 45 PDS. WILL WORK AND YES RED LOCKTITE EVERTHING INSIDE THE COVER , IF IT WONT ENGAGE THE LEVER MAY NOT BE THROWING THE GEAR ALL THE WAY ADJUST THE ROD WITH THE ADJUSTABLE ENDS ON THEM :div20:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts