Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supple suspension, in warm weather. 2015 Axys Switchback, 7,800 miles. Shocks massaged by Hygear. Doing maintenance, climb aboard. WOW, the rear suspension really moves, and nicely! In the cold weather, not so much. Where to look, address? I put the rear arm bushings in from crazy last year, there was no binding there to begin with but now better tolerance. I would imagine the cross shafts get grimy, or not? Looking for known problem areas.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Are you using Low Temp grease? If not, the suspension will get stiff as a Amish Buggy.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, lithium based Artic Cat suspension grease. Bought a couple tubes, place going out of business.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've noticed the same thing (on sleds that ride just great, when it gets cold) and I think the biggest variable is that shock oil viscosity changes as temperature changes.

Here's some super nerdy info on it from the mountain bike world.

It wouldn't surprise me if a temp change could make a difference in mechanical stiction, too. Like there might be different expansion ratios of the stock suspension components vs. whatever your aftermarket bushings are made out of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts