Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my drivers on my firecat is a little crooked and is probably causing my vibration in the tunnel that i have from day one,should i just replace it (does anyone have a trick to replace them) or should i put 10 tooth drivers on,do i only have to change drivers wen you switch to 10 or you have to do something else??

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
If you want to switch drivers to 10 thats all you have to do. I put 9 tooth drivers on mine which originally had 10 tooths. I could sell you my 10 tooth drivers cheap if you want them, let me know. You will also need a press.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Just don't crest it over a big bump or jump.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
going from 9 tooth to 10 tooth will loose you a tiny bit of acceleration but gain you some top end . in rare cases when you land a jump on another jump or mogul with the middle of the sled did the drivers slam the ground and bend the drive shaft this was supposed to happen to the 03s I have a 03 and havent had a problem with it yet ...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a brand new drive axle asm with 9 tooth drivers its out of a 2004 f-7 never used will sell for 100.00 u.s. dollars call sam 231-668-7666 n.w michigan also have misc new firecat parts( note if you put ten tooth drivers you may have to change gears)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a brand new drive axle asm with 9 tooth drivers its out of a 2004 f-7 never used will sell for 100.00 u.s. dollars call sam 231-668-7666 n.w michigan also have misc new firecat parts( note if you put ten tooth drivers you may have to change gears)[/b]
Thank you for the offer thunder,but drivers are only 35 $ each so it's not wort it,good price thought

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you own a press you will need one to put drivers on. Then you better know what you are doing when you press them on its easy to mess them up! Also sounds like you might have a bent axle you said it vibrates did you hit something? One of the reason arctic cat took the ten tooth drivers out was because they hang lower from the bottom of the sled easier to damage. This is complete bolt in axle asm no messing around they cost 159.00 from arctic cat and i don't believe the drivers come machined when you buy them seprate just thought it would help you good luck. SAM

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you own a press you will need one to put drivers on. Then you better know what you are doing when you press them on its easy to mess them up! Also sounds like you might have a bent axle you said it vibrates did you hit something? One of the reason arctic cat took the ten tooth drivers out was because they hang lower from the bottom of the sled easier to damage. This is complete bolt in axle asm no messing around they cost 159.00 from arctic cat and i don't believe the drivers come machined when you buy them seprate just thought it would help you good luck. SAM[/b]
Yes i do have a press,my driver is crooked from day one,it looks like a malformation of the plastic,i will look for a used one maybe,but as good a price you made me,whit the money exchange and the duty it would come to the same,i am in Canada,
thanks for the advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.