Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out closing trails and finding lots of trash (cigarette butts, cig packs, blown belts, empty oil cans, etc), but TONS of beer cans. Beyond someone being a lazy, inconsiderate fuck...why is this? Why can't you take your shit back? You brought out in the first place....bring it home.
Someone suggested that the fuck doesn't want to get beer on their other beers?

Look....I don't give a shit about anyone having a beer out on the trail, I'd be a liar if I said that I don't do it. Is it too much to ask of sledders that they don't leave their trash on our landowners' properties, or any property for that matter?

Sorry to bitch, this season wasn't a banner year for trail trash....quite normal actually. However, with the increase in trespassing/off trail riding/pissed off landowners it would be nice if we didn't have yet another reason for them to close their gates permanently.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do i support the West Carleton Snowmobile Club next year or a club
of your choice for my seasonal sled support funds.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I must be part of the minority - I have never (nor plan to) have a beer on the trails. I will have a few water bottles (all come home with me) and a couple protein bars in my jacket - otherwise they turn into frozen rocks. Isn't riding and having ANY booze illegal? What happens if you guys get stopped by the OPP on the trail - which we see them fairly often? (i am not being an old grandpa - just asking).
Just for clarity - I am not bashing anyone for having 'A beer' on the trail - a bit surprised it has been posted online though lol - but I def agree with cleaning up your mess after.

I will bring a grocery bag with me and have picked up shit at certain stops along the way. Mostly the common 'pull over' areas - this year however, i did not - due to touching other peoples things (covid).... I think it is disrespectful to litter anywhere - i guess having a kid going through University to 'save the planet' is wearing off on me. lol

Our group is four riders. Me, my pops, my wife and my best buddy - all clean and earth friendly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I noticed it quite a bit this season too. Like the OP, don't care that people have a beer on the trail, hopefully they are keeping it within reason. But why they won't haul the empties out is beyond me... I always figured people were afraid of carrying evidence around with them but if the OPP are looking in your trunk you're already up the creek.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i just saw a local club here looking for the owner of a burned sled that was left in the woods. like they said, sorry it happened , but you rode it in, you need to get it out. now you have to trespass to get to it and in mud not snow. not a junkyard , it's someone's land. someone that allowed us to ride on it

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is no excuse for it period. Pop, beer, I don't care if you had to use your inhaler take it with you. The people in the clubs already have enough to do without having to pick up after worthless individuals. At work we have a sign that say's your mother doesn't work here pick up after yourself. Don't think it helps but it's fun to say.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Inhaler...:)...good one...dats funny

I do volunteer club work with the OP of this thread.....yeah we've been bitchin a lot here this season...fer good reason..landowner issues are getting worse all the time...trespassing/littering and worse.

Fair warning ....next year we're gonna setup just like coyote hunting....game cams/sniper hides/lethal overwatch...gettin old and cranky :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
On the lake my cabin is on. Every time we head out for a ride we see blown belts on the lake. Would it be that difficult to pick up the belt and dispose of it properly? No excuse!

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Switchback Assault 850, 146" with all the fixin's on order!
501 Posts
Saw a blown track on the side of the trail one of my last trips, but didn't have the ability to pick it up and bring it out of the woods. How the heck do you leave a blown track on the side of the trail? Realizing Bud Lite is the best selling brand, which then leads me to get pissed everytime I see a blue can in the trail. I pick up more bird hunting, pre-season.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
i deal with litter at my house. i live on a hill away from the road. i find garbage under my truck. people throw it by the side of the road and it blows in my driveway. then the wind itself blows it the rest of the way. constant shit by my mailbox. i can tell by the brands and even what the shit is , didn't come from me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Littering gets fired up as well, seems like the "new thing" is hanging the empty beer cans on tree and bush branches, seen far too much of that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts