Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Tomcat..........

The T and Zrt produse alot of heat under the hood and even before I modded the T it would overheat at enything under about 35mls,after I took out the covers no more probs.(not even in the spring runs) :banana:

classicstream............................GOBGORGOHM

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by classicstream@Oct 5 2005, 07:10 AM
Tomcat..........

The T and Zrt produse alot of heat under the hood and even before I modded the T it would overheat at enything under about 35mls,after I took out the covers no more probs.(not even in the spring runs) :banana:

classicstream............................GOBGORGOHM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=909453
[/quote]
Thank-you,that's good info.I was thinking the belt would run cooler with them out at the very least.My only concern was the pipes not retaining heat.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ran the sled on the grass today,your right ,lots of under hood heat.Gotta take them hood vent covers off.Love the sound of this triple!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I took mine off last season. Didn't notice any real benifit.

·
Registered
575 Posts
With my T I run a half inch race track with 240 razer picks so I need all the cooling I can get. I made the change when I was completing the first winter I had it. On mine it made a big dif in under hood heat. I am sure it isnt causing a loss of to much heat because I am still getting 189 hrse with 124 tork usable,running the DnD powerpipes with no shealding. Other than more noise and less heat no real benafit. But damn that sled sounds awsome like that.When I start it heads almost snapp off in the parking lot.( I am running into the stock can,not much louder than stock).
nice!!!!!!!!!! :div20:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts