Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Wisconsin is on the ball this year. The AWSC has always told us to get your passes early and they are asking for people to start in July and not to wait till the last minute. :rolleyes:
We're busy trying to fix the damn roads... But I read on the DNR site they don't go on sale until 9/1/19

·
Registered
584 Posts
I was on the MSA page last night and read that the state is doing away with the preprinted MSA trail passes. Sounds like the MSA is fighting the decision, but I don't think they will win. I believe it has to do with too many of those stickers falling off and guys trying to use that excuse when stopped for no trail pass.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
more expensive to produce than the fishing license ones....It doesn't matter to the state, the cheap ones look stupid

·
Administrator
24,544 Posts
The state is making any vendor that wants to sell the pre-printed passes, pay for them up front, instead of paying for them after they sell them. It’s a money grab.

I really don’t care either way. I always liked the pre-printed passes but I’d rather have a 3 and 7 day pass option than fight the pre-printed vs printed at point of sale pass issue. Too many times anymore where I could use a 3 day pass for say the wife’s sled that is lucky to get ridden one weekend a year yet I get to buy a $50 pass for it. But, that would cut into the states money that they get off all the out of state people who buy a season long pass and only use it for a weekend/week.

·
Vendor
4,563 Posts
I guess its my way of giving back. I used to buy 5 permits every year. One for each of the kids sled, one for my wifes sled and I had 2 sleds for me that I bought them for. Now I am down to four. I buy 4 permits every season even though my kids probably ride 2 weekends and my wife 3 weekends. Actually the last printed ones I bought didn't look to bad. What ever cheaper as long as that savings goes to where its needed.

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
MISORVA website says they are still out of stock, Wisco has had their trail passes out for 12 weeks now maybe more.

·
Administrator
24,544 Posts
MISORVA website says they are still out of stock, Wisco has had their trail passes out for 12 weeks now maybe more.

MISORVA isn’t going to be buying any, anytime soon. See my above post. They usually get 1000 permits from the DNR and pay for them after they sell them. Now the DNR wants them paid for upfront ($48,000 that a non-profit .org isn’t going to swing).

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
MISORVA isn’t going to be buying any, anytime soon. See my above post. They usually get 1000 permits from the DNR and pay for them after they sell them. Now the DNR wants them paid for upfront ($48,000 that a non-profit .org isn’t going to swing).
MISORVA should set up its system like Wisconsin's AWSC system works. You click on a tab and everything goes to Wisconsin's DNR system but the AWSC gets a small % without having to mail out the trail passes or buy all those trail passes.

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Can someone please post a link so I can buy a trail Pass.

Thank you,

Badger

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,755 Posts
The MISORVA narrative that you will no longer be able to purchase permits at locally owned business is mostly false. I looked up the agents in Otsego county and the majority of them ARE private, locally owned business. I see no issue with this at all. I have been buying the POS printed stickers for the past few years ever since I had a pre-printed one come off. The MISORVA needs to use its resources more efficiently.

·
The Meat Man
15,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The MISORVA narrative that you will no longer be able to purchase permits at locally owned business is mostly false. I looked up the agents in Otsego county and the majority of them ARE private, locally owned business. I see no issue with this at all. I have been buying the POS printed stickers for the past few years ever since I had a pre-printed one come off. The MISORVA needs to use its resources more efficiently.
MISORVA needs to pull the trail pass option off their website.

·
Administrator
24,544 Posts

Not sure I’ve read that. Most POS printed stickers are at privately owned businesses. All I’ve seen MISORVA say is that they themselves won’t be selling any pre-printed stickers. :dunno:

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,755 Posts
Not sure I’ve read that. Most POS printed stickers are at privately owned businesses. All I’ve seen MISORVA say is that they themselves won’t be selling any pre-printed stickers. :dunno:
Go to their page:

https://msasnow.org/

They have a list of items regarding this change and why the oppose it. Points two and three are regarding local businesses not being able to sell the permits. This is straight up false.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Buying a permit from a POS is better for the program, the pre-printed stickers $1 stays with the agent you purchased it from, if purchased from a POS machine the $1 stays in the snowmobile program.

For every $1,000 (20 permits) these agents spend in September the maximum they will only make is $20 on the sales unless the client uses a CC then it could be a loss. Then if they have left overs the hassle and cost of sending them back for a refund. My guess no one will be selling the pre-printed permits.

·
Administrator
24,544 Posts
Just posted on the MISORVA’s Facebook page...

Just wanted to let you all know that we have reached an agreement with the DNR to distribute the Michigan Snowmobile Trail Permit. President Jim Kelts and Bill Manson will be signing the contract today 10/7/19 in Lansing. After signing the contract, we will be given permits to distribute to our agents and members as well as sell online to snowmobilers. The contract is for the 2019/2020 snowmobile season. Thank you to all of you who have supported us in our effort to continue as a distributor of the permits.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts