Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have been beating this topic to death, but you can never have enough good information, right?

So all you guys that have ridden in Old Forge or up on The Hill already where have you been setting your Fuel Selector Switch? Ethanol or Regular.

B)

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I rode OF last weekend and left the switch on regular. I only filled up once, across the street from the Doo dealer, and was able to get 89 octane fuel.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Why does everyone keep saying they are running higher octane? What am I missing? The manual says 87, the dealer says 87, GLS says 87. I can see 89 if you can't get 87 for some reason. It's not liek running a higher octane will wreck your engine...just less performance and a slightly higher cost. So whats the deal with this?

·
Registered
209 Posts
When you pull up to a gas pump on tug hill its 92 octane or nothing . I cant see any diff. between the 87 and the 92 octane as far as performance goes .

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The manual says MINIMUM 87 OCTANE. And actually my dealer recommended running 89. But given the choice between 87 and 93, I am running the 93. I run 89 when available. But like snowmanf7sp said, somtimes 92 is your only choice.

Thanks guys. We are going up the Thursday after Christmas and I was just wondering what you guys were doing.

:)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I always run 89 and if I come to a station that only has 87 (which is quite common at the one horse towns in the middle of nowhere) then at the next stop I put 92 in. If I'm going to be running lakes I put 92 in for the extra safety margin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I rode up there last week and fueled with 89 octane and used the regular setting with no problem.
Headed back tommorrow hope the rain stays away :huh:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pipeman- What do you think of the V-Force Reeds in your F7. Worth the money? Do you notice any difference. I have heard a lot of conflicting reports.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mike

I got gas on North St. 89. oct.. The dealer said to use high octane. When I told him that GLS said to use 87 he said it was still ok to use 89.
rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts