Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a trip for Thursday and Friday. Staying in Inlet, wondering what the conditions are up there. Past experiences were awesome.
Tug Hill is great, but need a change of scenery.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i WAS IN OLD FORGE THIS WEEK END. tRAILS WERE AWESOME. fLAT AND FAST. ON AVERAGE THE TRAILS IN OLD FORGE ARE MUCH BETTER THAN TUG HILL, BUT YESTERDAY I WAS ON THE HILL AND WENT 120 MILES AND DIDN'T HIT A SINGLE BAD TRAIL, ALMOST LIKE OLD FORGE CONDITIONS. sTAY AWAY FROM THE TRAIL THAT LEADS FORM BEAVER RIVER TO STILLWATER. iT IS ON A RAILROAD BED AND THE RAILS ARE STICKING UP OUT OF THE SNOW. CHECK OUT 4TH LAKE THERE IS A DRAG STRIP PLOWED AND MANY SLEDS RACING.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Butch, I ride up there every weekend and they have been friggen awesome. If you can get up there on friday or before but even this past sunday the groomers were out and the trails were incredible. We did 160 on friday heading south past thendra to booneville and back. Then on sunday we did140. We always drop in the plains in indian lake. They have even been great this year. Get it while the gettin's good! :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Will be up again on the 27th, 28th, 1st and 2nd. Last time we went our high temperature was -5°F. Wow, was that a cold trip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Butch, I'm possibly looking to be in the old forge area this week also.If I can get my f7 finished being in the shop for a check up. I had a room all lined up for this weekend coming up but the other guys all bailed. I thought this was the weekend of the lake races on 4th lake? I would like to go up for thurs and stay thrue to Sunday morning but need to ride with other riders. I don't feel safe riding by myself . Looking for other riders to ride with if poss? :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Old Forge, Inlet conditions real good. If your going to stay in Inlet I wouldn't stay at Deer Meadows, the place is an overpriced craphole, and the lady has the personality of a rattlesnake!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Butch,

two web sites:

www.oldforgeny.com

and

www.absolutesnowmobile.com

these two are the best....and I agree with the rest of the guys.... Trail 5 was balls out flat even on sunday morning......

As for f7-rocketship,

My girlfriend and I are heading up friday night with her sister and brother in law and a friend of mine..... if you wanna hook up, IM Me through here

Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The in-laws have a camp on sixth lake - that's where I'm planning on staying.

Do they still charge for riding up there? I know the last time I rode up there it was something like $45.00 for the weekend.

If I remember correctly - it was well worth it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Butch,
I ride in Old Forge almost every weekend. The trails can't get any better; even trail 5 has been relatively smooth lately. They still charge for a trail pass, I think it's $40 or $45 for a weekend or $75 for the entire season. This Saturday Inlet is having a Bonfire and Fireworks at Arrowhead Park.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
$75.00 To ride 75 miles of trails what a rip off.Did you know that you can ride the lakes the roads and the RR tracks without a permit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts