Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's going on January 9th with no big snows in sight. Cold temps are a huge plus, but they do no good without any precipitation in the forecast.

I should be riding in 2 or so weeks. There isn't even a fricken' inch up by Grand Rapids (To my knowlege), let alone a base.

Lets hope this winter extends into April.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
nope, not even an half an inch in Grand Rapids :banghead:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
We had 7-9 inches up here on the range now it is about 4-7 inches out in the woods on the trail.. I am grooming our clubs trail in the morning to get a smooth base started for future snowfall to land on, and to knock the rest of the grass and twigs down.. Finished clearing the trail today of branches and trees from the heavy stuff we got over new years.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, not even an half an inch in Grand Rapids :banghead:[/b]
...That really scares me.

Last year.. there was what... a foot of snow ATLEAST on the ground already? And to think that last year was a CRAPPY year. This one is horrific!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeh I do most of my riding around Grand Rapids and North. This time last year I had about 500 plus miles on in that area. This year zero. The cold weather helps, but where is the snow? I just canceled I trip I had planned for this weekend in GR. I am not sure what to think. Will there be any season at all this year?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh I do most of my riding around Grand Rapids and North. This time last year I had about 500 plus miles on in that area. This year zero. The cold weather helps, but where is the snow? I just canceled I trip I had planned for this weekend in GR. I am not sure what to think. Will there be any season at all this year?[/b]
Exactly what I'm starting to think...

May as well pack up the sleds already. Not even ONE INCH up there spells trouble for the rest of the season.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
go west, as in montana, wyoming, idaho, colorado...........plenty of snow out there in most places.

i think i've given up on "winter" here in MN this year. this state sucks!!! i'd go dirtbiking but it's too damn cold now!!!

cold with no snow sucks as bad as warm with no snow IMO.

i think i might start racing again just so i can be on a sled, even if it is on a track.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I just got done grooming our clubs trail up here and in the woods there is a really smooth base now, the swamps are a bit rough with stumps sticking up in places they have never been before, if we get another couple inches it is very ridable

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well let's hope were wrong and the snow turns out big time for the rest of the year. If so I'll see you around Remer.[/b]
Haha, sweet. Remer tends to be our Headquarters almost every weekend during the Winter (Snow permitting).

I'd love to head west, but with school (I try to keep good grades) and my dad's work schedule, it doesn't always permit.

It would be pretty sweet to go out west though. I'm trying to get my dad to atleast book for the UP (sounds like they ARE going to get a bit of LES).

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Thanks trailhawk100! I have ridden thoes trails recently and it is a great trail system. If you guys get some snow next week I will be up next weekend. Do you post grooming reports?[/b]
Yup I'll post every time I go out and groom, and I will post trail conditions of the trails that I am riding on, I heard from my sisters boyfriend that the trails north of Virginia are groomed up to Sand lake area and over to Giants ridge that he knows of so far.. If we get another 6 inches up here all the trails will be ridable at least

1 - 16 of 16 Posts