Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the hali cam shows snow..dunno how much they got tho.

Curious about Port Perry. Hali Forest says 5cms.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Got a flake or two. :banghead:

Like I've said, the storms they hype up days ahead of time turn out to be the biggest duds! :flush:

·
Registered
792 Posts
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Hiya Doonut

Up this way (Midland/Orillia area) not a spot of snow anywhere and Georgian Bay is wide open :(

On the positive side, it's really cold and we have very heavy overcast with no sun.
Here's to hoping :celebrating: </span>

·
Registered
979 Posts
Rain with a few flakes in the Peterborough Area....nothing major yet....

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
I just got back from Christmas with the outlaws in Kingston, left at 11am in heavy snow, heavy snow all the way to Trenton, then nothing ..... nada...... and I mean nil........ no snow to speak of from Trenton to Oshawa then north up to Port Perry :banghead:

This blows big time !

I'm worried boy's
I'm starting to think like Hate2looz ......... could it be that this winter is already in the tank :flush: and could this be the end of snowy winters for central Canada ??? it happend just like this in Germany in the mid to late 70s. Nobody there ever thought they'd have a winter without snow ............ they havent seen snow stay on the ground for more than two days for 30 years :dunno:

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Come on.

A couple winters ago (2003) 3 of the great lakes froze over completely it was so cold that year.

Winter will come. Every year is a little different.

Ice threatens to cover Lake Superior
HOUGHTON, Mich. (AP) — Record-shattering cold temperatures threaten to freeze massive Lake Superior's surface for the first time in more than two decades.

"The lake is fairly well covered," said Craig Evanego, an ice forecaster with the National Ice Center in Washington. "It's the thickest its been in years."

Lake Superior last froze completely in 1979, and this year's ice cover is the most since 1996-97, lake watchers said.

Ice currently covers more than 90% of the greatest of the Great Lakes, Evanego said. In some areas, the covering is a scant inch or so, but vast portions of the big lake have 12 to 28 inches of ice, according to the National Ice Center.

Lakes Huron and Erie are ice-covered, with much of shallow Lake Erie buried under 28 or more inches of ice, the center reported. Northern Lake Michigan is frozen, but the mid- to lower section is open, other than coastal areas.

Relentless cold temperatures are responsible for the ice buildup. While snow swept across much of mid- and lower Michigan early Wednesday, Upper Peninsula residents again bundled up against record lows.

"It's more than just a little bit cold here," said Dave Petrovich, a forecaster with the National Weather Service office in Marquette County's Negaunee Township.

Temperatures at Houghton County Memorial Airport hit minus 17 degrees at 8 a.m. Wednesday, shattering the day's previous record of minus 5, set in 1960.

Petrovich also said minus 16 in Marquette County set a new low.

At the western tip of Lake Superior, Duluth, Minn., saw a low of 12 below Wednesday.

The winter of 2002-03 is shaping up to be slightly colder than normal in the area, though not as bitterly cold as many might believe, said Keith Bergens, meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Gaylord.

Mild temperatures dominated October through the end of December, while colder than normal weather settled in since, he said.

"In history, when we look back at the winter of 2003, I'd say it was pretty average," Bergens said.[/b]
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2003-...-ice-lake_x.htm

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I'm worried boy's
I'm starting to think like Hate2looz ......... could it be that this winter is already in the tank :flush:[/b]
Just think of me as a visionary. :)

It will be at least Jan 21st before we are able to get any riding in. Just think about it, a week or more of cold weather to get the lakes and swamps froze up, a week of snow so the groomers can get out and another week before the trails are cleaned up and 1/2 decent. It F'n blows but this is the reality of this B.S season - sorry. :banghead: :drunk:

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Hey Nutter, next time your around this way(kingston) give a me a shout and if there is snow I will tour you around a bit. :div20:[/b]

Hey Dukie how much snow did you guy's end up with ?? when I left Sunbury (Dog Lake) it was coming down pretty good.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm in Bancroft right now, nowhere near the snowfall TWN was calling for. About an inch, maybe two in good areas, at the very most. Rode the quad all afternoon! The ground is almost frozen but nothing on top.

G

·
I wonder if I can get the wife to move to Nunavit, however she seems to like all of it so my chances are slim. Well we are getting snow right now yet it is light. hve some nice cold temps next week but the forecast calls for rain on jan. 9 wtf is going on here.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Nutter, really ended up with ziltch!!!! was on the ground maybe a inch. but it made the kids happy. All i did was open another post Christmas pint. :beerchug:
I will post if we ever get enough to go!

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Nutter, really ended up with ziltch!!!! was on the ground maybe a inch. but it made the kids happy. All i did was open another post Christmas pint. :beerchug:
I will post if we ever get enough to go![/b]

I used to bring the sleds out that way when visiting the inlaws all the time, but with the deminishing local club trails and good snow, I found it just wasn't worth it anymore, plus most of the fam out that way have given up on sledding.

Keep the pints flowing ........... I find it eases the no snow blues :beerchug:

·
Registered
792 Posts
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Geeze; I woke up, looked out the window. Seen it was snowing (and staying on the ground). Ran to the front window and seen the lake snow covered. Came on here to catch up on this post then checked the weather network so I could make an accurate reply myself and found out IT'S ALL A MIRAGE!!!

Less than an inch today. Less than an inch tomorrow and the rest of the week is dark and calling for rain

I'm depressed and I don't drink.....Now what?!?!?
</span>

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
What weather sites are you guys looking at? :dunno:

I see no rain in the forcast for cottage country. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
it's snowing pretty good in Barrie this AM and very slick.. my girlfriend smoked her Jeep off the guard rail on the way to work, we've got enough to cover up the the grass but that's about it, and TWN calls for +12 next week WTF?????

Kevo :banghead:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I see no +12*?? Where are you guys getting this? Must be good :share_doobie:

Besides they can't predict more than 4-5 days - at the most! Here's hoping! :linemup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
What weather sites are you guys looking at? :dunno:

I see no rain in the forcast for cottage country. :dunno:[/b]
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Hiya H2L
I get my info from The Weather Network.com and Enviroment Canada.com.
It's still snowing here, but just enough to say it is :(

This is the link for my area</span>
Clicky

·
Registered
781 Posts
we got a few inches yesterday it's a start the groomer is going out this afternoon cause it's still cold out and we should be able to do a few km tonight... :fluffy:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.