Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed up the Friday the 18th for 3 days. Looking for trail conditions around the POHENEGAMOOK area. Love their club house.

We usually head from there to RIVIERE-DU-LOUP. Anyone how the trails look up that way?

From there we will head towards RIMOUSKI and back down towards SQUATEC we also like to stop at the ski lodge in BIENCOURT.

Any information on trail conditions would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to our first trip of the year.
Thanks
clk1x

·
Registered
481 Posts
I can let you know about a few things in the area. Pohenagamook wasn't ridable last week. The only problem with that is the warm-up probably melted most of the snow and ice along the road and the alternate trail is on the road for a ways. Temicouata is ridable, talked to Tony at the Motel Royal and he was on it the day before yesterday. The trail 548 through Biencourt is impassable due to a river being flooded. Don't know if they will have it ridable by Friday.They did get 6 inches of snow Friday in Cabano so I imagine the trails there are fine. Haven't heard how RDL is, might want to check before you go there. An alternate would be Cabano. IMO Motel Royal is the best place to stay in the area. I am going up Tuesday am and if I have access to a PC I will post conditions when I get there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can let you know about a few things in the area. Pohenagamook wasn't ridable last week. The only problem with that is the warm-up probably melted most of the snow and ice along the road and the alternate trail is on the road for a ways. Temicouata is ridable, talked to Tony at the Motel Royal and he was on it the day before yesterday. The trail 548 through Biencourt is impassable due to a river being flooded. Don't know if they will have it ridable by Friday.They did get 6 inches of snow Friday in Cabano so I imagine the trails there are fine. Haven't heard how RDL is, might want to check before you go there. An alternate would be Cabano. IMO Motel Royal is the best place to stay in the area. I am going up Tuesday am and if I have access to a PC I will post conditions when I get there.[/b]

Hello Karl
I was up yesterday in Squatec and the riding was great on 548 for those who like to ride at 60 to 70 kmh but the river wasn't frozed back up yet in Sqautec so we had lunch and headed back. I went to Poh (Pohénégamook) last week before the little rain we got and the ride was great. We made a loop from Cabano on 85 to 548 to 35 to 526 to 85 and back to Motel Royal in Cabano.Just a little of the trail was plowed on 526 for log hauling (2 miles ) but other than that it was great. There is tons of riding to be done here just as long as you don't need to be going 100 mph. I was told that thre is some bad spots in R.D.L. (open feilds) things we don't see in Cabano going to moose valley. Take care Karl & see you soon
Tonyzed71

poh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts