Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post last week that I have been trying to keep at the top. Not working.... Does anyone have a detailed clutch setup for the mountains for about 9000 ft? I am looking for a tried setup, not necessarily the one that is recommended by cat. (cat won't know as well as true life testers.) We are heading out next week to WY. I would like to start getting it ready some time this week and get parts ordered. thanks, Justin.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is getting boring talking to myself...does anyone know anything about a mountain setup????????

·
Registered
861 Posts
Justin,

Call Eagle Cap Arctic Cat in Baker City Oregon.
Ask for Troy or Nick and tell them that Kevin McCracken from Michigan told you to call.
They should be able to get you set up for the high country.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
The underhood recommendations will work. 1 guy on snowest went to a 19/43 gearsetup, with a green secondary but that is all he rides in.
The wieghts are good for the 5-9k (60.0gram).
I didnt go to the 20/39 (short on $$$) all i had was a 20 top and ran the stock 41 lower.
Smoked 2 belts.
The factory stuff is pretty good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just came back and ran 52.5 gram Polaris/Hot Seat weights with a Polaris red primary spring, 51 degree helix with red/white AC secondary on the second hole, 20/45 gearing.
It held 8000rpm and worked real well. It was long tracked so if you are still short tracked you can use higher gearing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey guys, thanks for the info. I'll check out these sights tonight. I am thinking of going to the 20-39 gearing, but was wondering about the clutch setup. I have a bunch of helixes and springs to play with, but the mountains are 14 hours away. Kinda hard to test in Iowa. thanks, J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts