Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly believed that it was going to get better. I believed and stayed positive. I looked at the forecast and saw LONG term sub Zero temps. Heck - i might even get the rink frozen in the backyard. Now the fuckers go and change the forecast again +6 today - I don't have my 5 cm of snow - nor do i have my long range cold with the weather warming up after one day of sub zero.

SUX

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't even feel better after that mini-rant.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/c...f=wxeyecitypage

UGGGGGGH

all i can do is :linemup: :drunk: :linemup:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Yep....

2 days of negative temps and then back up to +5/6/9 for another week. Great winter!! :drunk:

Lakes will NEVER freze down here at this rate.

They are never wrong when mild temps hit but always fuk up the cold forecast. :banghead:

Probably be +15 by Friday! :banghead:

Like I said before, I don't believe these ass clowns until I see it for myself. :flush:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
For the life of me I don't really know why they even bother with the 14 fuking day forecast! :uzi: Gets our hopes all up that winter may finally be setting in and then they change it day, after day, after day, after day..... :banghead:

Fuking idoits... :drunk:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hold tight accuweather say only +4 in TO and 0 for Hali on friday.

Accu Toronto

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just got back from Las Vegas last night and the temperature there is pretty close to the temperature here in Ottawa - That is just plain wrong!
Woke up this morning to snow - Yippee - Now the rain has washed it all away.

Argh!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
In my experience accuweather is the worst. The guy; brett anderson was predicting a foot of snow for sudbury and north bay areas yesterday!!!!! & what did they get today...

they must be snowmobilers on there... everywhere else is saying plus and rain for friday... its gotta get cold soon though...

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Hold tight accuweather say only +4 in TO and 0 for Hali on friday.
Accu Toronto[/b]
Ian, Accushit is even worse than TWN & EC put together. Sorry.

They are based out of the US so how much are they going to know about our weather up here in Canada.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
You guys think you have it bad, you should see the world thru our eyes here south of the border here in the tropics. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Walt, we are no different than you are up here. I took some pics yesterday from cottage (sledding) country and posted in another topic. No snow, no ice, lakes wide open and no frozen ground. Truly unbelieveable. Looks just the same as you have down there. :drunk:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Went out for an ATV ride yesterday in Northumberland Forest area - was awesome...for an early spring or mid-october ride.

No frost, lots of water - way to much water. I tried to push as much out of the holes and into the bush as I could - but it just kept runnin back in!!

We need a week or more of -10 to freeze or dry it all up, then a foot of snow then 2 weeks before trails open - no wait District 16 and 17 (Dryden and areas, Pickle Lake) have had over 70cm of snow on the ground since mid-dec (according to the snow report map) and still no trails open. (But mabey that's because only 12 people live up there and groomers are hard to find.) :dunno:

I think this winter is going to be a bust for cottage country. I wonder what this will mean for the water table and farmers with no melt or frost??

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My only consolation was the ACCUSHIT site - it still has Ottawa at 0 on Friday, the Weather Network has ottawa at 5 then 9 on Saturday. My Cottage is 1 hour North and I PRAY that we get snow this week so I can go there on Saturday. Otherwise I'll go 4 wheeling... again... blah.

I'm on the Bridge - Gonna Jump... I see the windshield.... :face_crash:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Walt, we are no different than you are up here. I took some pics yesterday from cottage (sledding) country and posted in another topic. No snow, no ice, lakes wide open and no frozen ground. Truly unbelieveable. Looks just the same as you have down there. :drunk:[/b]
Here is a pic I took last year. Those signs still up ? :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Oh probably, :dunno: Sure is a nice sign but doesn't mean shit this year....

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
In my experience accuweather is the worst. The guy; brett anderson was predicting a foot of snow for sudbury and north bay areas yesterday!!!!! & what did they get today...

they must be snowmobilers on there... everywhere else is saying plus and rain for friday... its gotta get cold soon though...[/b]
BTW Brett called for 4-10cm for here NOT a foot :cn:
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Eastern Storm Sunday night through Monday night

Looks like this storm will bring a moderate amount of snow to parts of Quebec, and lighter snowfall to northern New Brunswick, Newfoundland and central and eastern Ontario. Latest radar and surface pressure trends also suggest this storm may end up tracking a little farther to the west than earlier thought which means a quicker change to rain in places such as Montreal, Quebec. Here's a breakdown on a few sites....

Sudbury, Ont: Periods of snow late Sunday night and into Monday. Total accumulation 4-10 cm.[/b]
we got about 8cm that fell and about 5 that stayed on the ground here

That is pretty close to IMO :cn:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts