Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of last season I bought an F8 kit from a guy who never used it after he bought it. My intention was to put it together for this coming season so I am getting ready. I just ordered the following goodies to go along with the F8 kit:

BMP Pipe Mod
D&D Manifold
BMP Clutch Mod
Boondocker box
Inline fuel reducer
F8 Clutch Kit
Timing Key

Once istalled I will be going to DynoTech for a tunig session. While I am there I will test the stock can, the MBRP can and a speedwerx can. I also have a Speedwerx Pipe to throw in there as well. When I am done I will report back with my numbers. This is all going on an 05 F7 EFI SP.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
^ Ditto.... They both do roughly the same thing... lean it out. (It's like cookin a burger in a fryin pan, on the grill.) or something like that? :drunk:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by srxspec@Sep 23 2005, 12:29 PM
No reason for the inline fuel reducer if you ordered the boondocker as well.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=888580
[/quote]

Yup...and also I would think twice about the timing key (depending on size and what your plan is for the sled). If it is to be a race sled for 1000' or less, no problem, trail sled on the other hand you may have some issues (its the old cliche though, "ever sled is different")

I would also look into adding some EGT's if you don't have them already to help monitor whats going on with that motor. You're going to have a lot of money invested underneath that hood and it just makes sense to have something to monitor it.

Just :m2c:

Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by sledsearcher@Sep 23 2005, 01:33 PM
I would also look into adding some EGT's if you don't have them already to help monitor whats going on with that motor.  You're going to have a lot of money invested underneath that hood and it just makes sense to have something to monitor it.

Just :m2c:

Mike
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=888682
[/quote]

Even though its a single pipe setup I would need an EGT setup for 2 probes right?? So I can read each cylinder. i am thinking one wouldnt get the job done.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
No need for a regulator.

Yes you will need the set-up with TWO probes. You install them in the Y-pipe.

·
Registered
810 Posts
You still could use the parts from the pressure regulator minus what actually restricts the fuel as just a plain old pressure guage. Thats what D&D did with the race sleds they added Boondockers to this year. Sounds like you've got a great sled coming together though have fun with it.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Originally posted by MattLedzF7@Sep 23 2005, 04:03 PM
You still could use the parts from the pressure regulator minus what actually restricts the fuel as just a plain old pressure guage. Thats what D&D did with the race sleds they added Boondockers to this year. Sounds like you've got a great sled coming together though have fun with it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=888870
[/quote]

I think you are confused...a pressure regulator does not restrict FP it increases FP (or I should say adjust fp at the Pump). FP restricter or FP reducer is what I believe you were thinking of.

I do agree, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to hold on to one of the "T's" in the kit and use the FP gauge to help you monitor things as you tune with the BD box.

Mike

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Why go to new york? you can dyno that here in MI, I made that mistake & it cost me $ 250. for gas & $ 600 for dyno time bull shit. Go to flannery or carl galaway, they both can do efi`s.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by f-7redcat@Sep 23 2005, 04:29 PM
Why go to new york? you can dyno that here in MI, I made that mistake & it cost me $ 250. for gas & $ 600 for dyno time  bull shit. Go to flannery or carl galaway, they both can do efi`s.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=888914
[/quote]

I talked to Carl and he told me that he is not familiar with the Boondocker. DynoTech is familair with them and has them pretty much figured out. Plus its a day or two away from home, with the wife, without the baby ;-)

G

·
F7redcat, you're implying that you paid $600 to dyno tune here. That's 5 hours on the dyno, something had be be major screwed up for us to take that long to diagnose/ rectify. Dyno Sessions are 2 hours typical. Please refresh my memory, you're making it look like the 50 F7's F8s F9s that tuned completely last season in two hours got some special deal. I suspect some communication problem, did you go to another dyno in NY? If it was mine, what did we do for five hours?

G

·
Now in retrospect we had a few F7s with badly, incorrectly reprogrammed ECU's. and if we had to chase after correct ECUs that would add time. A typical F7/F8 tuneup is two hours, I've done a hundred so far, it is slam bam thank you arctic cat. But when I get a guy I don't recognise who implies he spent $600 here to tune and is unhappy, I must discover the particulars. Please enlighten me. DTJ

G

·
F7redcat this is beginning to piss me off. Please give me date of tuning session here, what we did to try to rectify some problem you had. If you'reBSing at my expense please apologize. I tune Fiirecats every week, I know exactly how to make them run like 1990's prostockers for little $, then you come along and suggest otherwise. Please explain accurately, or apologize.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Jim...he has not been online since 4:15 pm est time today...when he comes back online hopefully he can explain/apologize.

Mike

G

·
Mike thank you for following up. I do 50% of my dyno tuning revenue dialing in F7 F8 F9s and for one guy to imply that he spent triple the money and got nothing is not what DTR is about. He surely was referring to some dynomite tinkertoy place in NY that led him astray. But please I need that to be clarified. I've been dynotuning for 16 years, I've invested way over $100,000 in this facility, Team Industries' Tim Bender and sean Ray have been on the DTR dyno since thursday, will be hopefully done on Saturday. They will not be lacking for HP when the SnoX season begins.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Originally posted by dynotechjim@Sep 23 2005, 05:52 PM
F7redcat this is beginning to piss me off. Please give me date of tuning session here, what we did to try to rectify some problem you had. If you'reBSing at my expense please apologize. I tune Fiirecats every week, I know exactly how to make them run like 1990's prostockers for little $, then you come along and suggest otherwise. Please explain accurately, or apologize.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=889120
[/quote]
OCT 8th 2004 .Bikeman porting w/slp twins . 154.1hp

1 - 20 of 61 Posts