Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took F-7 patriot standard out for its first ride. Let warm up for 10 minutes, then took it across the ice and varied throttle..never went above 70 mph. stopped every mile to investigate. noticed by second mile that there was an oily black, almost tar like spots around carbs and on top of belt holder. Is this just pipes warming up, paint melting? Maybe all the premix led to an oily build-up that started to blow off? Anybody experience this?

This machine is scary fast...153 saber 1.075 studs and it wood brake lose if you pushed it between 40 mph and 60 mph. Anybody else experience this?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
this is coming come out where your pipe connects to the y pipe, should not be so bad after first tank of 100to1 gone and pipe seats better on bushings

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for insight, first new sled. and yes, I am well aware of a two stroke engines ability to kick oil around, i posted the concern because it was more than that...unusually so. However, nothing to indicate broken parts or engine failure. Thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
Once everything gets heated up and broken in it should stop, Buy some brake cleaner and spray it all over that black goo to remove it. Do it on a cold engine...brad

·
Registered
82 Posts
scott, same thing happened with my f5. it is just the seal in the pipe. its a metal bisquit seal,and it will leak oil until it seats itself. mine stopped at about 25 miles.sure does make a mess of a shiny new motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts