Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using Arctic APV oil right now but at $28.00-$30.00 a gallon I am thinking of using Amsoil. It is priced at $18.00- $20.00 a gallon. Is anyone else using Amsoil.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes i am running amsoil and i am very pleased i am going to switch to series 2000 race oil though because i was told it is better for powervalves. I have about 800 miles on my sled now and my powervalves are to bad i have just started to have problems with them but when i took them apart they wernt really dirty at all.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
It's a very good idea to run amsoil. Just run the regular stuff. Using series 2000 racing oil in a stock sled is a waste. It's not needed, use your money on something else.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well I'm using Amsoil 2000 and I dont have anything to say wrong about it...its a great product...and yeah its alil on the spendy side...but its taken care of my machine and I think its worth the money...the only thing I have to say is....my oil pump is alil off and causing me to burn way too much oil...other then thats its great... B)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Amzoil 2000. Used to use reg. amzoil and klotz alot. The 2000 seems to burn cleaner to me. My power valves on my old sleed seemed to stay alot cleaner.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm using Amsoil at $7.50 / Liter Cdn. Haven't had a problem yet and don't know if I should use my free jug of APV oil. Cat wants $45.00 / 4 Liter jug.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i use the cat apv oil. Just pulled my power valves at 850, they were really clean. They didn't hardly have any carbon buildup.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I use klots or redline. I think redline might be the best oil money can buy, but it's hard to get and smells REALLY funky.

Cat S.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts