Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys how have you been getting on your tank of oil befor the light comes on? I got 130 miles on it this weekend. a buddy that rides a ZR 600 had his light come on around 110 miles, and had to put yamaha oil in his cat. lol thanks trent

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mine is actuall scarry, At approx 200miles the light will start to flicker. I pulled over to find it only took approx. 3/4 of a small bottle of Amsoil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the oil , hmmmm...what do you guys call it, im from sweden so i dont know the name for it, but i can call it "Oil refillment jar" :D , its to small, i can only fill my "jar" with 1 swedish litre, on the Zr models u can almost fill 2 litres,

·
Registered
534 Posts
a buddy that rides a ZR 600 had his light come on around 110 miles, and had to put yamaha oil in his cat. lol thanks trent

-------

That is puzzling. The ZR600 can hold 4 quarts of oil. You should get 4 tanks of gas out of 4 quarts for a ZR600. So if the oil reservoir is filled up on a ZR600 it should be able to go 400 to 500 miles before needing more oil.

** MY OIL CONSUMPTION F7

My F7 can run about 3 tanks of gas through it before needing more oil. 2.8 quarts for 3 tanks of gas. I'm getting around 140 miles per tank. So I should be able to go about 440 to 450 miles before needing oil. I like to top it off before riding each weekend. The low oil light comes on sometimes and flickers a second when I have more than a quart of oil left. I think this is because the sensor is fooled by an occasional jump or bump.

·
Registered
26 Posts
my oil light starts to flicker around 170 miles but doesn't come on and stay on until 200 miles. Then it only takes a quart which means there is still 1.8 quarts left in the oil reservoir. so the sled could probably go 400 miles before it needs to be topped off, just to make sure no air gets in the line.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally posted by chill50@Jan 28 2003, 12:29 PM
my oil light starts to flicker around 170 miles but doesn't come on and stay on until 200 miles. Then it only takes a quart which means there is still 1.8 quarts left in the oil reservoir. so the sled could probably go 400 miles before it needs to be topped off, just to make sure no air gets in the line.
Well I now have 1063 miles on my standard F7 and had no real trouble. My usage is ust about the same as mentioned here. My first gallon took me 853 miles, thats 213 miles per quart. I think thats pretty great. (at $32 a gallon) I get a flicker at about 175 miles.

Steve

·
Registered
348 Posts
What sort of mileage are you getting? If your getting 200 miles on 24 0z oil at 12 mpg thats about 88:1 which seems pretty lean, but if your getting 15 mpg thats 71:1 which seems pretty normal. Basicly if you estimate a little less than 2oz (@1.75) per gallon you should be right on. 2 oz/gallon =64:1, 1.75oz/gallon=73:1.
I hope this helps! B)

BTW The oil light only means to check your oil regularly because it goes on when its down about 1qt. I think it holds at least 2 1/2 qts (check your spec sheet on the exact amount).

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
a little off subject, but wanted to share with you all
this weekend, my buddys green f-7 sno-pro used almost twice as much oil as my red f-7 sno-pro,
we rode with each other same stlye of riding and speed all weekend, so he's either using too much or me not enough?
i used about 1 quart for 180 miles
almost double that for him!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya that is right the Zr600 has pipes and silencer so it will take more. but it is hard on oil with out the pipes and stuff he said.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Originally posted by skikvt@Jan 28 2003, 12:54 PM
What sort of mileage are you getting? If your getting 200 miles on 24 0z oil at 12 mpg thats about 88:1 which seems pretty lean, but if your getting 15 mpg thats 71:1 which seems pretty normal. Basicly if you estimate a little less than 2oz (@1.75) per gallon you should be right on. 2 oz/gallon =64:1, 1.75oz/gallon=73:1.
I hope this helps! B)

BTW The oil light only means to check your oil regularly because it goes on when its down about 1qt. I think it holds at least 2 1/2 qts (check your spec sheet on the exact amount).
I'm getting 15 miles per gallon (i can't beleive it, this much power and great mileage too) It doesn't seem to matter how or where I ride I get about the same mileage. Slow going inthe mountains or flat out in the county. Can't explain it but I like it.

Who said you need a 4 stroke to get great mileage..................... :p

·
Registered
593 Posts
I don't understand how any bodymis getting 15 mpg. My best is only 11, and most of the time less than 10. I also used 19 oz of gas in 102 miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts