Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of oil is everyone running and do you know where i can buy it for a good price. thanks leo

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I am running Amsoil...I cant recommend this stuff because I think that it STINKS....Literally Smells like melting sliders. After I burn through the Amsoil I am going to run nothing but Klotz.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Lerod,
Send Klotzlubemn a PM. He can set you up for cheap. Check out the Klotz topic above. That should have all the info you need. It's the only oil I run.
Cat S.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
yep, got my klotz from Tam's racing products ~18/ gallon. Excellent guys, great oil, great deal all the way around. You won't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Use TORCO in my '98 ZR600 EFI. Usually only one set of
plugs a season.
Am using CAT APV in my F5, probably will switch to the
TORCO.
A dealer is switching from AMSOIL to ? because of gumming
up his "raves".
? are the RAVES more tempermental than our CAT valves?

·
Registered
94 Posts
You want the Klotz TCW3 Injector Oil. It smells nice and runs clean. Pours at temps where an Eskimos balls are frozen. What more could you want? It really is the finest oil out there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You want the Klotz TCW3 Injector Oil. It smells nice and runs clean. Pours at temps where an Eskimos balls are frozen. What more could you want? It really is the finest oil out there.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Originally posted by Extremepowerfuel@Jan 16 2003, 09:31 PM
Now that's COLD!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Spectro Sno-Syn. Klotz smells way too sweet for me almost like perfume and Amsoil smells like shit (both work okay though). Spectro burns very clean with almost no smell, has good additives package one of which is specifically designed to prevent cold sieze (VERY important on the F7). When I pulled pipe, pistons were CLEAN (no coking like I've seen on others), NO scuffs, honing marks still very visable in cylinder walls. Valves had very few deposits on them, basically spray with carb cleaner and wipe clean. This was with 1600 miles on the sled. Have used Spectro for many years and will never use anything else. Spectro is what D&D recommends for good reason. B)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I will never use Spectro products again.
I tried it in my 800 REV Sport and right away I started having problems, rough running, poor idle and running much hotter than the Rotax injector oil (mineral oil) I wanted to use the XPS-II dealer was out and was not ordering any until next season.
So, I thought I look into after market oils, Spectro stated that it passed all the Rotax test and it had the same rating as the Rotax and I would not void my warranty and they stand behind they're products.
After speaking to a service tech for a big time Ski-doo dealership that test different after market oil each year, then does a 1,000 mile tear down to inspect the engine - he said Spectro SynSno had the most piston skirt and piston top wear of all the oils he tested (I never told him I was using any kind of oil) then I told him the problems I was having and that I just put in the Spectro syn sno - his words drain it.
I pulled the exhaust pipe and silencer the carbon build up in 37.7 miles was unbelieveable I had to scrap the inlet of the silencer with a knief.
I was so pissed off I emailed Spectro - Mike replied: I had been had somebody put the wrong oil in your bottles - oh really, orginal gallon bottles with sealed metal lid with they're bar code from they're dist.
I guess there is some truth in what the OEM say about after market oils (some of them anyways)
For the record in my Firecat F5 snopro I use TORCO SSO, there is no carbon build up, no rough running or poor idle or hotter running engine.
I knew I should of used the Torco in my Ski-Doo instead of the Spectro

·
Registered
79 Posts
This may be a dumb question, But last Friday I bought the 04 F6 and was wondering how well does the Klotz perform with the power valves? I have heard that these powervalves have gummed up and was wondering how klotz, if applicable to these sleds, held up. I am assuming that the klotz oil is similar to the $33/ gallon AC syn APV oil? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
im running klotz and i pulled the top end off just for a looksee , i was very impressed with the wear or should i say lack of wear i had . i never cleaned the pvs at all and they were wet but no gummed up. klotz rules !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts