Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since having my oil turned up it seems to be using quite a bit. Went out for a quick ride last nite about 5 miles, topped off the oil at the last bend up on the neck and when I got back checked it and it was at the bottem of the neck. does that seem to much? I saw a formula for the ratio on this site but forgot what it was?? I am going to Old Forge this weekend and would like to check the ratio. Anyone else think they are using to much oil? (free oil coupon)HMMMMMM. Also the ice build up is getting worse on the running boards. How hard to remove the seat and regoop like Rob said.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Open the trunk flap and unscrew the nut to remove the seat, but I had all that done. It still has some ice build up. I believe it is from snow that falls onto the back of the seat tunnel and then melts and runs under the seat. All of the holes under the seat have been resealed on my sled.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
mowjoe

sounds like a lot but maybe not. I think, if I remember correctly, if I top it off, it takes 100 miles to reach the bottom of the neck. (i think)

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i dont know the ratios,.....but my firecat is using 1/2 quart of oil
per 100 miles, by the way my other cat's are using the same amount.
700 miles. i switched to klotz at 500 miles.
it still smokes a little. so i will leave it where it's at.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Allycat - 100 miles at 12 MPG = 8.33 gallons or 1066 ounces of gas.

1/2 quart oil = 16 ounces.

Ratio is 1066 to 16 or 67 to 1 (if you round things off).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts