Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice their jackshaft rubbing the oil tank? I have an 02 sno pro and noticed that the jackshaft is really polished up almost right under the filler cap of the oil tank. Maybe the firecats are a little different, but I see the part # for the oil tanks is the same. Only difference is the low oil sensor. I don't know if this is a problem, but I do have some shavings from the oil tank under the jackshaft. A little nervous. Anyone have any ideas???
Cat S. :(

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ah welcome to the world of the 02 Sno Pro.First make sure were your coolant/oil reservoir tabs are mounted to the gas tank that the oil is closest to the fuel tank.After that look in with a mirror to see if it still rubs.If it does you need to remove the seat & fuel tank to shim the oil & fuel tanks up a little for more clearance.Its pretty easy but time consuming.

Or you could go premix.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thats cause it is yours, hope you dont mind me showing what you did to help out on showing him what to do for reinforcing.Your sled looks pretty good now.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I don't mind, share away. I have that thing lookin sweet now. Spend like 3 hours polishing the tunnel today. Gotta do the bulkhead now. Gives me an excuse to work on my sled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts