Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone remove the pump and oil tank... like the 440 snopro? I was wondering if I should do this on my F5? Since the oil comsuption is high.. I don't like premixing gas but if it will help with air bubbles and burning out the sensor. I might consider doing this.

what do you think?

·
Registered
773 Posts
its not that much work.A lot of 440 Sno Pros racers last year ran premix instead of injection.One reason was cause the jackshaft rubbed holes in the reservoir & other just preferred it since they dont fill up that much for racing.On a F5 I would see no problem.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Why not just readjust the oil pump. Much easier and will be a much better trail sled! Air in the lines is a problem that will only show up during break in, if you are not carefull. Keep the tank full. Not that hard to do!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah, that would be fun on the trail tryin to premix a tank of gas/oil

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Why would you even think of doing that when the pump is adjustable? Have your dealer do it if you can't. Not too much fun when you have to carry oil with you all the time.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the pump is adjustable... it is an easy thing to do(if you adjust it to lean it will burn up)........ I don't care about the premixing that is easy too.
I bought it for cross country racing..... for trail riding I will use my other sled...
if it uses to much oil or if the oil tank is to small... i don't want to be filling the darn thing more than I need to. I don't want to be worring about running out of oil also.
The races are 200+ miles and if I can fill the gas tank at the same time..I will...if it will last
I just got my sled in and haven't used it very much yet... but I heard, from this site that the F5's use alot of oil.. like i said just wondering

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I could see doing it to save weight for racing. I run premix in my sleds during the summer. I haven't filled mine yet, but I would assume it holds close to a gallon of oil. Thats at least 3 tankfulls. If people are complaining of too high oil consumption, then the pumps too rich. Ride yours and base your decision on your sled and not someone else talking about theirs. There are alot of people who think they know more than they actually do. :wacko:

D

·
0 Posts
I am still planning on doing it but am waiting on what the factory is going to do to fix the 03 440s which are cooking the water pump gear bushings. Not everyone is into sitting on their butts for miles and miles between multiple stops at the bars :) I put on a whole 30 miles Tue and was beat. That being said, having to carry oil and mix on the trail is not an issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts