Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bottomed out my adjuster according to the SB and the sled ran way to rich (50:1 range) smoking, bogging in the low/midrange and a big loss in top speed and throttle response. I was 3 turns out from the bottom before and running 74:1 and my pistons and cylinders looked good when I removed the Y-pipe. My dealer said that was a pretty good ratio and should probably put it back where it was so I did and she runs fine again (after new plugs - mine were black and wet).
My questions are:
1) How much should each turn of the screw change the ratio?
2) Could I have a good ratio overall but still be too lean in certain rpm ranges?
3) should I Be richer than 74:1?
I like the way it runs at the original setting.
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
534 Posts
My sled runs awful after having the oil pump update. My sled smokes, has a bog off the line and seem very flat in the mid range. My sled also feels like it has lost top end speed. What gives? I didnt spend all this money to have a slow, sled that burns alot of oil. My F7 ran awsome prior to the oil pump update. I am less than thrilled with this update

·
Registered
302 Posts
My fouls the plugs on a cold start, then I have to run it hard or clean the plugs. This mod sucks!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Wow, are you guys talking to and/or working with your dealer and/or Cat on these issues??? If my new F7 ran like that after an update, I'd be sick to my stomach to say the least. -- Roy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts