Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the oil cap not seating perfectly and spewing oil onto the firewall and through the starter rope hole?
Seeing that the top of the oil container may not be perfectly round led me to believe that my cap could have been too tight disturbing the integrity of the rubber seal. The last time out tightened it lightly with the same results.

This is a just minor problem, I love riding this F7...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I noticed that the cap doesnt go on quite right but it does work. And that oil you are seing coming throught the pull cord hole isn't from the oil tank. AC lubed up the rope with some oil so it would fray against the plastic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the amount of oil that I saw on the inner firewall and on the gas tank I assumed that it would be the oil cap seal. If the ropes were soaked Hmmmmm. I will look into that some more.
Thanks F7DJ.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had a problem with my cap seating right. Just took a little time to get it threaded right . I had the recoil off to change the rope and there is a bunch of oil in it but it is not 2stroke oil Check and see, mine is like a mineral oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts