Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Got a question. The wife got me some Ipone oil for christmas which smells like strawberries (she thought it would smell better than the reg oil smell on our gear after riding). Has any one ever used this in their sleds?? It says it is a synthetic, which I have used in my sleds before, but I wanted to go back to reg Cat oil for the sleds, because I was using the Amsoil last year, and the Zrt I have fouled plugs this year, which it never did with the cat oil for 7 years. If anyone has used this oil, I would love some input. Also wanted toknow if anyone knows the ratio mix to gas for this oil. I know with Cat oil it s 3 to1 and Amsoil is 2.6. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Ipone is commonly used by members here and is highly regarded as a synthetic oil. Its good stuff. I think most would agree that it is by far the best smelling stuff out there....it tends to be a bit pricey tho...

As far as ratio- where the hell are you coming up with those ratios? Are you saying that you have bypassed your oil pump? Run the Ipone, Amsoil, Klotz no richer than 50:1 - thats what is recommended for all of these oils. BUT some folks regularly go a bit leaner to 60:1 or 70:1. Some claim you can get away with 100:1 with Amsoil but I would never do it unless you want to meet Mr. Squeeky. All three of those oils burn so clean that I cannot understand going less than 50:1

·
Registered
682 Posts
My dad and I use Ipone in our 02 ZRT 600 and our 98 ZR 600's and the oil is high quality and when the mechanic did the top end on the ZR he never saw a cleaner looking cylinder and piston squirt. It is high quality oil ... the only drawback to it is like the Amsoil Interceptor the stuff seems to be really harsh when you are around exhaust it smells great but stings the eyes.

Good oil!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts